Model Need some props for my map

obodobear

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 15, 2016
I have no idea how to make my own but I need some props custom made because it is base off another game (treasure town from mystery dungeon). At the moment I need the tree the most but anything helps! Also in case you're interested I'm looking for someone to collab on this project w/ me just let me know!

Attachments

• fire pit.png
    fire pit.png
    658 bytes · Views: 282
  • hut1.png
    hut1.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 241
  • log stack1.jpg
    log stack1.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 264
  • log stack2.jpg
    log stack2.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 238
  • pot.jpg
    pot.jpg
    928 bytes · Views: 231
  • sign1.png
    sign1.png
    680 bytes · Views: 274
  • tree stump.jpg
    tree stump.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 268
  • tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 237

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
I think you'll have a higher chance of getting your props made if you put in placeholders in your map and get it farther along in development to show that you're invested in the project. For now, you can probably find many of these either already in the game, on this site, or on the workshop. Just search around for models.
  • Tree stump: already in game
  • Log stack 1: already in game
  • Arrow signs: make them out of brushes and func_detail them
  • Tree: many already in game, the Borneo trees look like what you want
  • Fire pit: just make a circle of rocks that are already in the game
You can probably find a pot and and single log (to make log stack 2) somewhere on the workshop.

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
Ok thanks again! I'll go check out the workshop and see if it's what I'm looking for.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
What workshop? We don't have our own asset workshop, do we?

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
ok well what do u think I should do now? I could find the log stacks and stuff but the borneo trees I couldn't find in the game files do I need to get them seperately?

Jul 6, 2015
ok well what do u think I should do now? I could find the log stacks and stuff but the borneo trees I couldn't find in the game files do I need to get them seperately?
If your using Big Bum Shark's (a boojum snark's) pack, you should be able to use the prop library were you can look at all the official props, and you can use the prop browser for the prop_ entities.

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
Thanks Maccy! I appreciate it

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
the trees from borneo look decent but the leaves r kinda too dark si there any way i can change that?