Need Models for Your Map? Have Me Do It!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Yo, it's ya girl iiboharz here! I've been learning how to model in 3DS Max, and I've already produced something cool. But I've got lots more to learn, and I can't really do that without doing.

So here's where you come in! If you need a specific custom model for your map, lay it on me here and I'll see what I can do about it! I can't guarantee it'll be any good, but I'll try my damn best.

A few guidelines:
  • If the model is for a specific map, I'd like the map to be in at least beta or release-candidate stage. No alphas.
  • If I don't make your model, please don't whine. I'm picking and choosing what sounds interesting/fun to me.
  • Models may or may not be textured, depends on what's required and the complexity of it.
If you have any questions, post them here!

Anyway, awaaayyy we go, let's get started!

May 27, 2017
Man if Ymir was in Beta I'd totally ask for some rad red and blu combat spaceships or moon rovers. Maybe once it gets there, I'll ask again.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Not for any specific map or anything, but TF2 could really do with some horizontal sliding doors that might look suitable for Spytech areas (possibly for the door frames already in the game).

An example that might fit the spytech/spy theme are the sliding doors from Star Trek. While they're from a 'future' show, I could see them being fitting for the theme in a variety of team colours and varieties (for offices and cargo areas). Some pics:

22736066_4.jpg Galaxy_class_holodeck_arch.jpg

Just an idea!

Aug 30, 2015
I don't need this for anything specifically, but I have often thought that a wasp nest model would be a good way to inject a little life into alpine maps

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Could you make a billboard similar to "props_mining/billboard001.mdl", but instead of the team's logos it has the capture point letters (A-E) as skins? It can just be neutral colored.

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
A detail prop I'd really like to see is a small Rubik's cube, that you can place in a spytch background lab area, or something. It would be fun, and you could experiment with the model, maybe even producing a melted Rubiks cube based off of the big bang theory shirt, that could be thrown in an experiment in the background... idk...

~curlysnail

L69: Deviant Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hmm, what if I'd use the props in a map but they aren't map specific?
Like some huge electrical pylons would be really cool, and not just because I'm making a map by the name of pylon.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Hmm, what if I'd use the props in a map but they aren't map specific?
Like some huge electrical pylons would be really cool, and not just because I'm making a map by the name of pylon.
Those already exist I believe.

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
How about a bed model with team coloured comforters and pillows

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Could you edit one of the sniper_fence models so it's not the L shape? Instead, it would just be a line from the top down view.

This would be useful for combining with the other sniper_fence fences into a megafence. Or just to have a sniper_fence without that annoying lip.

Infomaniac

Nov 29, 2015
Could you edit one of the sniper_fence models so it's not the L shape? Instead, it would just be a line from the top down view.

This would be useful for combining with the other sniper_fence fences into a megafence. Or just to have a sniper_fence without that annoying lip.
So, a modular version?

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I expected it to be more like the in-game billboards, as I intended to pop that sucker on top of a building, but what you made is excellent, so I can just make do.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I expected it to be more like the in-game billboards, as I intended to pop that sucker on top of a building, but what you made is excellent, so I can just make do.

Yeah that was originally the plan actually, but I liked this better. If you still wanna put it on top of a building you could probably make vertical supports out of brushes, wouldn't look too bad I'd think.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
you can probably do that one with just a texture edit tbf

MOCOLONI

Dec 16, 2014
Hey iibo. Appreciate a lot your interest on modeling for others. Although I currently have nothing to request, could you please tell me whether it was hard reaching your current point of modeling skills with enough motivation?

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Hey iibo. Appreciate a lot your interest on modeling for others. Although I currently have nothing to request, could you please tell me whether it was hard reaching your current point of modeling skills with enough motivation?
Learning how to model currently is kinda hard. Unless you feel brave enough to deal with Blender's UX issues to learn how to use that, there's few options available.

Personally I learned how to model using 3DS Max with the help of a course on a site called Udemy which offers ridiculously cheap courses on various subjects.

For me it was pretty hard and I've still got a lot to learn, and there's a lot I think I could do much better.