Need Models for Your Map? Have Me Do It!

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
Learning how to model currently is kinda hard. Unless you feel brave enough to deal with Blender's UX issues to learn how to use that, there's few options available.

Personally I learned how to model using 3DS Max with the help of a course on a site called Udemy which offers ridiculously cheap courses on various subjects.

For me it was pretty hard and I've still got a lot to learn, and there's a lot I think I could do much better.
Blender is a headache itself. Back in 2012 I contacted a russian modeler whose models were on many CS:S servers I played on, and he told me that he used Milkshape. Last time I checked (although I think I didn't do it pretty well) it was stated that the tool was useful for GoldSrc games. Have you ever touched that?

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Blender is a headache itself. Back in 2012 I contacted a russian modeler whose models were on many CS:S servers I played on, and he told me that he used Milkshape. Last time I checked (although I think I didn't do it pretty well) it was stated that the tool was useful for GoldSrc games. Have you ever touched that?
Never.

WolfCorona

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2017
I would ask for pine trees but I know they would be a "Pine" in the ass to make....
huh? guys???? please???

seriously though if you could make a creeky rope bridge for a jungle map im making i would really appreciate it, the only model i could find was a map from 2008 and it was very low quality, the bridge is going to go over a ravine with a waterfall.

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
upload_2017-9-13_0-45-43-jpeg.62990

This feels random and it's not for any map that Im working on but the Well capture point platform has loose cables and a lot of people think it looks funny.

Maybe if the lines were all tightened and stuff it would look better, and I figured since you were taking requests that I might as well suggest it!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Just a heads up, I'm not looking for model edit suggestions, I only want to create models from the ground up.

Jul 26, 2015
I'm currently revisiting my halloween map koth_muertos from last year, which is supposed to have a Day of the Dead theme, but a lot of people have said it just looks like generic Mexico. I think I could get the theme across better with a plethora of flowers and skull decorations.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017

Zoomspilo

L2: Junior Member
Aug 8, 2017
Could you make some water bottles? I think they'd fit pretty nicely as a background detail, maybe even w/ team logos on it. I dunno, I think it'd be neato. Plus, I probably want some water bottle models for my map KoTH Facility.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
wooden maybe, with.. like witchcraft powering it!

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
medieval styled cameras would be nice
90% sure they didn't have cameras back then

To be entirely accurate... the concept of a camera-obscura has been around for a while.

And of course, there's the whole "Medieval in TF2 isn't actually back in time" thing, what with the room hidden behind a door full of spytech. You could presumably do something interesting with like, a camera badly hidden in a medieval prop.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
yeah, my map has a "mercs crash space ship in an earth that has been in the medieval time for years" so it has spy tech near the to be crash

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
here's a more serious one: I would like 2 moon base styled door that go apart from each other, both measuring 60.5 pixels by 16 pixels.
Thanks

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
sorry, let me go more into that. that was from the top, the front should be 106 x 110 and the side should be 30 x 94

anyone who can model will be allowed to do this :)

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
Not for any specific map, but some kind of halloweenish intels would be very cool!