Need help with trigger_changelevel

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by wnxfurry, May 1, 2009.

1. wnxfurry

wnxfurry L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, im working on a map that will randomly choose one of 5 options in a fun sort of way.

You shoot a target and a box falls through a few pegs and ends up where it ends up... its a rough draft and its not totally finished, although it works.. most of the time.

The thing i can't figure out how to do is, when the box falls down into of the the slots to choose the map, how can i make it then change to the level i desire.

Right now i have it set up to activate trigger_once which then actives trigger_changelevel, but either that doesn't work or the trigger_once isnt picking up my box which is a phxobject.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think it will work the way you plan it. The trigger you use is for singleplayer-maps only.

You should consider merge the different parts into one map and choose the spawns in those parts randomly. Only my opinion.

3. wnxfurry

Positive Ratings:
    na ive seen it done in other ways on some other servers

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Either try having the box fall through the trigger_changelevel (it is a brush trigger, it's mean to be directly activated), or use the trigger_once to target a point_servercommand.

5. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure you sent the flag on the trigger to phys objects (it's clients by default)

6. wnxfurry

Positive Ratings:
    never knew about point_servercommand.. thanks that worked :3