Need Help With Spawn Room (noob)

Vilif1er

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2008
silly question...

I know the basics of mapping now. but i was playing around with views and now i have everything messed up. how can i go back to the default settings...?

nevermind.... my computer was acting weird, a simple restart was all that was needed

i understand this stuff now

I know its a basic thing, but I really don't some of the terminology that is being used. I really do know understand what func_spawnroom means or how i even get it to work.

Last edited:

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
ok, there are two types of entities (entities are things that do things) point based and brush based entities.

Point based ones are like lights and stuff that exist by themselves.
Brushed based entities are effects that are tied to brushes.
(Brushes are the blocks and things the map is made of)

Make a brush around all your Info_playerstart s (these are the point based entities which tell the map where to spawn the players at, they look like green people. if you havent made them yet make them with the point entity tool on the left side of your screen.)
give it the "trigger" texture. Then select the whole thing and use CTRL + T. This ties that brush you just made to an entity, on the screen that appears select func_respawnroom. Now when players change classes within that large func_respawnroom area you just made they wond die, they just change classes.

T

The Asylum

Don't forget to name your spawnroom (ie redspawn_1) or the respawnroomvisualizer won't work