Need help with my elevator!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Fredrik, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can some make an easy step-by-step guide on how to make an elevator like the one on hightower.
    I've tried by myself and I've read and tried to understand frozen's thread but I just can't get it to work.
    Please help me!

2. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have done something on the subject. Be warned, however: it's not easy. This is the most efficient way to do it if you would like to make multiple elevators (in before Booj comes in and corrects me). This will also work for a single elevator (and is how I have it set up in the .vmf/walkthrough), but there is another method which is SLIGHTLY more efficient. I designed this for use with my 3 elevators in my Dynamic Payload Contest map.

My current post doesn't walk you through making the cart rollback when unattended for 30 seconds (it doesn't happen automatically anymore because the team_train_watcher can't handle the movement), but the .vmf has the system set up and working if you'd like to take a look at that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings: