Need Help With Making Forward Spawns...

NightHawK

L3: Member
Mar 1, 2008
Well my map is almost done. Having a problem though... How do i setup forward and backward spawns? (Like When BLU Caps they go forward and Red Goes Back if you catch my drift.)

EDIT: Solved.

Lock Please?

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Link ALL info_player_teamspawn entities to the active CP. Ownership of the CP will control the spawn point's enabled state.

For the standard 5CP push map, tie 1st forward spawns with the middle point, and the 2nd with the 4th points. Tie initial spawns to the very first CPs.

Last edited:

NightHawK

Mar 1, 2008
Thanks. Icarus <3. Gonna compile real fast and test it.

Edit:

Now i'm spawning in the forward spawns instead of the main spawn. (Not good)

Last edited:

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
There was a 5-point CP test-map thing included with the source SDK when I downloaded it. It had working forwarded spawning for you to reference IIRC. I can't open it to check presently.

Sadly, I can't remember the name out of the giant list of stuff now in the folder...but it should be in your: \sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc folder

NightHawK

Mar 1, 2008
Well. I fixed the problem. I was trying to make forward spawns for a payload attack and defend map. So i got out badwater and look at the forward spawns and such. And Bam fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
You probably found this:

First spawn: Red/Blu spawn for round: roundname (enabled)
Forward spawn: Red/blu spawn for round: <empty>

When the cp ownership has changed: Disable First spawn, enable Forward spawn.

(please, next time add how you fixed it (not just look at badwater) that will help people, and it might give you some thanks hits :) )