Need help with Japanese Dojo

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am currently working on a new map based on japanese architecture and the concepts of TC_hydro, CP_PowerHouse, and CP_Dustbowl

jqlkArR.png

2Fy1jKg.png

zoBQi84.png

These images are of Red's final stage inside a Dojo hidden in the mountains, and my problem is with the roof, I have never worked on a roof like the ones from Suijin and I would like a little advice on this, and maybe some insight on how the spawn rooms should look...

Thanks,
BlitzVS
*EDIT: FIXED IMAGES*

Last edited:

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Is anyone there?

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Yea, looks like I will have to be patient... it fills me with determination.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
I have no patience

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Generally, it's difficult to provide advice when there isn't a specific question. What's giving you trouble with building roofs?

As for the spawn, it's difficult to give advice on what it should look like without having anything to go off of. It's such a subjective thing that the decision really needs to come from you instead of someone else. You know your map more than anyone else. It also helps to have something built to ask advice on, as that allows people to critique specific things.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
The corner roof pieces from the Japan Pack are meant to work with the flat roof pieces at an angle of 26.5. You might need to turn the grid way down to get them to line up. That angle was done because it was what matched early versions of koth/arena_suijin. I suspect that might be your main question since it's not an intuitive angle.

Other than that... uh, if you're asking about what a dojo should look like, I'd suggest googling some images. Reference images will help you more than anything else. You can mix and match elements of multiple dojo that you like into one.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Generally, it's difficult to provide advice when there isn't a specific question. What's giving you trouble with building roofs?

As for the spawn, it's difficult to give advice on what it should look like without having anything to go off of. It's such a subjective thing that the decision really needs to come from you instead of someone else. You know your map more than anyone else. It also helps to have something built to ask advice on, as that allows people to critique specific things.

Well my trouble with the roof is that I have built one solid corner I am having some trouble getting the other side to line up and it is kind o confusing since this is a map I actually want to release, but I want it so soldiers can Rocket jump and are able to spam the point, which would be in the courtyard of the dojo.

Three Million

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 2, 2015
I want it so soldiers can Rocket jump and are able to spam the point

This sounds dangerous. Like soldier spam the point? Designing the map to give one class a better advantage over the others is really bad design and should never be done.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
This sounds dangerous. Like soldier spam the point? Designing the map to give one class a better advantage over the others is really bad design and should never be done.
Well I don't mean that as a complete advantage... Although you are right in that... Balancing is a big issue in this -_-' I guess maybe protecting it within a shrine so soldiers couldn't be able to do that...