1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Need help with capture the flag!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Duck-Joke, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Duck-Joke

Duck-Joke L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm making a CTF/SD like gamemode to my map, where there is one intelligence (a bomb), and whoever gets it first, attacks the other teams base. I need some kind of safe or something, like in doomsday, where you have to open a rocket. I have made one, that is triggered with a func_flagdectectionzone brush, but if i change the team, nothing changes!! The red team can now open their own base, so the blu team can cap it really quick. Is there a way i can detect a flag, that a specific team is holding?

BTW sry if this is complicated..

2. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    When I checked last (which honestly was a few seconds ago), the func_flagdetectionzone has a team keyvalue which you can set to detect which team is in the volume. Two of them set to one team each with some proper I/O setup should be able to get you what you want.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. wiseguy149

wiseguy149 Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics

Positive Ratings:
    Try a func_flag_alert instead. If I recall correctly, flag detection zones only look at the flag, not the player, so if you have a single neutral flag like in SD, they won't be able to tell who's carrying it. Flag alerts, however, have different outputs for a carrier on each team.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Duck-Joke

Positive Ratings:
    But i also need an output that tells when the team isn't holding the flag. But there's only two options: ontriggeredbyteam1 and ontriggeredbyteam2. There's no 'onNotTriggeredbyteam1' or 'onNotTriggeredbyteam2'. Is there then any logic that can invert it?

5. wiseguy149

wiseguy149 Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics

Positive Ratings:
    Nope. func_flag_alerts will not detect players not holding the flag.

However, you could achieve similar results by having a trigger_multiple with a team filter that's simply meant to detect players of a certain team, and have a flag detection zone enable/disable it or its outputs. That way you would detect any players on a given team, but not while a flag is present.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  6. Duck-Joke

Positive Ratings: