Need Help plz :O

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by chkui900, Jul 5, 2010.

1. chkui900

chkui900 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I made a map, not done yet, not finalised, but got the basics done like the design and some textures. (designed to be simple map for buddies). Basically i was testing it out with scout, running around. but when i ran out of the spawn, I just saw a gaping huge hole in the floor. I ran over and was blocked by some invisible thingy. And it was sticky -.- i had to fan myself away from it.

Also, this is plain curiosity but, while i was still making the map earlier on, i tried it out and kept falling through the floor. The respawn trigger thing was above ground, player entity above ground as well. I checked back on hammer and it showed the ground there. I had to delete it and put a new one in o.o

Can anyone help me with the invisible wall problem and the fail glitch floor question?

2. chkui900

Positive Ratings:
    btw the game is tf2

• Thanks Thanks x 41
  3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Sticky floor...sounds like a backwards displacement, but you can't get out of those without noclipping. Gaping hole - invalid brush, probably. Make sure it's a prism. Invisible thingy: most like nodraw brush.

4. chkui900

Positive Ratings:
    well i fixed the floor problem by deleting it and making a new floor, but I cant seem to fix the new floor problem I have -.- the one with the sticky walls and gaping hole. Also, when I shoot stickies or an arrow or a rocket through the gaping hole, like above it where I cant access, the stuff kinda 'warps' through that section, going invisible, and then hits the far wall at the other end? I tried sticky jumping wit uber 'addcond 5' over it, but the wall goes all the way to the ceiling o.o

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Post pictures, please.

6. Tekku

aa Tekku

Positive Ratings:
    Oh noes, even in spawns it is dangerous nowdays :O

Btw it sure is confusing to understand what the problem is..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  7. chkui900

Positive Ratings:
    w8 nvm i fixed it. It turns out the floor was just glitchy so I replaced the floors with new ones. I also made a bigger skybox around the map so there arent any leaks and now its fixed :D
    thnx anyways

8. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    While a skybox.. box is a quick fix it only works for early alpha. Once you start getting playtest alpha's you will want to fix that.