need help making brush rotate atop tracktrain

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by static2601, Mar 7, 2011.

1. static2601

static2601 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, im trying to make a func_tracktrain with a rotating propeller on top of it while it moves around the map. Ive tryed placing a motor on it with the propeller attached, but i couldnt parent the motor to the train. im hoping theres a way to do this. i have moderate experience with hammer, a year or so. As of now, im guessing the only way to do it is create a rotating model to parent to it. hopefully you guys can help me out. thanks

EDIT: ok i already know how to attach a motor a func_physbox and have it move, what im trying to do is have this moving brush (propeller) spin on top the train while its moving. what i have is an air vehicle that needs to have a propeller, for looks obviously, thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
  3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    My personal solution would be to use a func_door_rotating. parent that to the brush, and set its open distance to be 360 gazillion degrees.

4. KingOfSandvich

KingOfSandvich L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Here's how to make a brush spin forever without func_rotating:

Make a momentary_rot_button (the brush) and a logic_relay, then set up these Inputs:

logic_relay -> OnSpawn -> momentary_rot_button -> SetPosition 1
    logic_relay -> OnTrigger -> momentary_rot_button -> SetPosition 1

momentary_rot_button -> OnFullyClosed -> momentary_rot_button -> SetPositionImmediately 0
    momentary_rot_button -> OnFullyClosed -> logic_relay -> Trigger

The momentary_rot_button is your spinning brush, and can be parented just fine. It's not part of the physics system, so it won't twitch or collide.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. static2601

static2601 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks you so much for this. It worked perfectly and saved me alot of time and trouble. would have never thought to use that way. thanks :)