Need help making a forward spawn for my koth map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hyce777, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Hyce777

Hyce777 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm having issues with my forward spawn for my koth map. It's a spawn that's under the CP with four exits out, to prevent camping. The main issue is I only want one spawn for both teams, but only one team spawns there at a time. The idea is this.

Red caps the point.
    Blu doesn't spawn at home base, they spawn at the forward spawn to help them.
    Then if Blu caps,
    Red goes to the forward spawn, blu goes back to the home base.

The problem I have currently is that the respawnroom visualizers wont work at all. I have outputs that change the team of the respawnroom on the CP, but that isn't working. Also, if one team caps, then the other caps, they both spawn in the forward spawn. I can post screenshots of the points outputs if I need to.

Thanks,
    Hyce

2. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Uhh... if you stay inside the spawn, you can camp it if the other team captures the point and starts spawning there :/

3. Hyce777

Positive Ratings:
    I know that, that's part of the fun. Can you help with the problem?

4. Garner

Garner L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I answered this question in another post, this is my answer and link to that post 9as i cba to write it out again lol)

Link: [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9051"]Question about forward spawning. - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

5. Hyce777

Positive Ratings:
    That's not the problem. Both teams spawn in the forward spawn just fine, its just that they won't go back to the main spawn. But now, the team that spawns can't get out. The respawn room visualizers block everything, not just the enemy.

6. Garner

Garner L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Set every spawn point in your first (main) spawn rooms to cp 1 and cp 5 respectively for the teams.

7. Hyce777

Positive Ratings:
    Koth is one CP... and the forward spawn is set to that CP. I think I'll just start over with the forward spawn.

8. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well you could do it manually if you really wanted to.

On other team cap simply disable all the forward spawn points for whichever team lost the cap. I'm assuming here that you have two seperate spawn rooms for the teams. Even if you had one though, you could create two sets of spawn points, one for each team.

Enable again on cap.

Shouldnt that work pretty simply?

9. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The visualizers will also trap anyone in the spawn when they're not in control of the point, and possibly get people stuck on the brush when changing the point.
    If you don't have visualizers, then when the door opens, everyone can just pile in to the spawn.

10. mtv22

mtv22 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You do realize making a forward spawn practically on the cap will make it basically impossible for the other team to cap.

11. Hyce777

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't ask for all this stuff about how it won't work. I want to know why functionally they are not spawning correctly... Not to mention I didn't say my map layout. The spawn isn't at the CP, it's just closer. Anyways, I've got two rooms now, with two exits each, but now blu wants to spawn in the red team's spawn and all sorts of fun.

12. Hyce777

Positive Ratings:
    Found the problem. It's called tired mapmaker not renaming the entities that he copies.

13. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was going to suggest making two separate spawn rooms near that CP. And then each would take their turn spawning in their own room based on who owns that CP. I know you think it would be fun to have a player camp the spawn room and when the other team then starts to spawn there, to fight it out. Problem is, what if there are a few sentry's there. The team now spawning there would have no chance in hell.