Need help installing a mapping pack!

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

tropos

L1: Registered
Mar 17, 2012
Hi there, i need some help as to where i should extract the files in a mapping pack i downloaded.
This is the mapping pack in question: http://www.gamebanana.com/tf2/prefabs/download/5235
It is a minecraft mapping pack with textures, models from Minecraft.
So please tell me how i should do to be able to use these files in Source SDK: team fortress. Please go into detail because english is not my native language. Thanks in advance :)

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
This is directly from the text file that comes with the pack-

-To use this pack, extract the folders into your "Steam/Steamapps/<USERNAME>" directory. The files will automatically be placed in their appropriate positions and will be ready to use immediately.

If it asks to merge or replace anything, say yes.
You'll find the Steam folder under programfiles in your C:/ drive file.

tropos

Mar 17, 2012
Oh, thanks! Now i feel stupid for not even reading it :p, it was just that i imagined the text file was written where you download it aswell, as it is in many other downloads :)

tropos

Mar 17, 2012
I got another problem :/
The textures are not "textured" by that i mean that they are purple/black for me.
I did this: I moved the winrar file to steam>steamapps>myusername and clicked "extract here". Can anyone explain what i did wrong if i did it this way?