Need Help badly with Trigger_Push

Crimson

L3: Member
Nov 25, 2007
Okay, so I am making a map with jump pads, and heres the problem I have run into. I have 3 types of jump pads (a) straight up (b) launches you forwards up the jump ramp to clear distance (c) launches you up and backwards. A and B both work, however C does not.

http://steamsourceservers.com/pad-diagram.PNG

There is the diagram I drew up to show. The two side ramps in Figure 1 is what I am having problems with. As the player runs onto the ramp, I cannot get it to push them up and backwards.

I am hopping someone can help me out with this as its really holding me back.

Crimson

Nov 25, 2007
nah, the top one works, its the two slanted ones I cant get to work correctly. In terms of the way the player spawn point is facing, the one on the right shoots them forward up the ramp, and the one on the left is borked. I am basically trying to get it to shoot them up and backwards. So when they run on to the ramps, it shoots them up and back so they land on a platform that is behind them up in the air.

Crimson

Nov 25, 2007
Ive been experimenting with the angles like crazy, I didn't even remember what I left them at

Crimson

Nov 25, 2007
I tried doing 2 triggers on top of each other, one pushing up and one pushing backwards, and could not get that to work either. =(

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
How big was the trigger that pushed you backwards?

It has to be big enough to catch you.

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Well, I tried my own suggestion and it didn't work.

Seems trigger_push can't push what's already in motion.

EDIT: I have no idea, but it works now.

Try this: ctf_jump_fix2.vmf

Last edited:

Rogueleader

L1: Registered
Feb 2, 2008
i would use func_conveyor for the 2 slopes at (-90 180 0) and the other (-90 0 0)

For the vertical, make it a simple func_push at (-90 0 0)

With func_conveyor though a trigger is not needed it is simply just the slope of the ramp. To explain this better think of an actual conveyor belt, in hl2 the belt doesn't move but acts like it is throwing the player great distances. The amount it goes up is determined at what pitch the brush it at.

Last edited:

Crimson

Nov 25, 2007
Well, I tried my own suggestion and it didn't work.

Seems trigger_push can't push what's already in motion.

EDIT: I have no idea, but it works now.

Try this: ctf_jump_fix2.vmf

I appreciate you doing that. Problem is, those are launching the players forward which I dont really have a problem with. It is launching the players backwards and up that im having trouble with. I was able to get it to work on 2 of them by doing -89 0 0 and -91 0 0 but the other 2 not so much.