Need a mapmaker to tweak a map for me

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
So, we had someone in our clan make us a customised trade map. However, he has since gone awol and there are more changes that we would like done.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me with this (since no-one else in our group has any Hammer knowledge) I'd be willing to give keys or even paypal monies. :)

If you are interested, just add me!

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I think it would be nice for everyone to know what kind of tweaks we are talking about.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Also none of us are really fans of trade maps.

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011
Hey, thanks for the replies. :)

Basically, I just need to change a spawn area from having 3 doors to a long open space, but with a barrier that stops shots and projectiles going through but still allows players through. I'd also need a few ramps and some glass put in.

I am sure Trade maps are lame to work on. xD

Feel free to add me so we can talk a little more in depth if you'd like. I feel bad for asking but I've not a clue how to use Hammer. I even tried! Y^Y

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
but with a barrier that stops shots and projectiles going through but still allows players through.
The engine has no "anti-playerclip" so it has to be finagled and forced through tricks. Annoying to do, and impossible to accomplish completely (some weaponry will still pass).

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011
Yeah, I don't have the original files, I only have the BSP. As I said our mapmaker seems to have dropped off the grid. I don't think it has any custom stuff though.

:(

@A Boojum Snark: I didn't know it was that difficult. I'll try and think of another solution then I guess.

BaconCat

Aug 31, 2011
Just wanted to give a huge thank you to Fr0Z3n. The map is awesome and thanks to his support I now know how to use Hammer in a basic fashion. <3