Need a map maker

navystrike

L1: Registered
Dec 31, 2013
Hey guys...I'm not even sure if this is the right place. But for personal reasons, I do not have the time to create a map myself, or even learn on how to do so. As a result, I will need someone skilled and experienced enough to create one for us. As to how we will pay you, that can be discussed. It will not be a boring map, but rather should be quite different. We have the design, it just needs to be made.

Last edited:

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Hey there!
You did come to the right place but, a lot of people will be more willing to join on your idea if you tell us about it, we are just as interested as you are but many of us have standards when we take something on board, and will be more likely volunteer if we know the idea beforehand.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Honestly, saying your idea is "quite different" is pretty scary to hear as a mapper. You'll have much better luck if you ate up front about at least the general idea you have for the project.

Just be aware that mapping is a very time consuming process so you'll definitely want to make it with the mappers time.

T

The Asylum

While I'm certainly no stranger to "quite different," if it's another dumb idle or trade map you're barking up the wrong tree here.

navystrike

Dec 31, 2013
hey guys. um..I'm sorry about that. I'm not sure why I mentioned to "different" part. My idea is the map will be a no gravity map (as in, no gravity.) where you'll be floating around. So players will spawn in a space ship at the edge of each map, and you navigate around by bouncing off objects like planets scattered around the map (floating). There will be boundaries in case you fly too far and you need to bounce back (so the map should be considerably large). In the centre will be a large space shuttle where there will be rooms you can go to, and also a bar or a chill out lounge (if possible, there be gravity). There will be a hidden portal which will take you to the "moon dimension". But the moon part can come later. For now, I just need the space map. So...that's the idea...not sure if you guys are fine with it. But thank you in advanced anyway.

Ice Crystal

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2013
I think you mentioned it was different because it's going to be pretty different. I'm pretty sure the gravity things you have in mind are doable but I'm uncertain about the bouncing in any way you can easily control. A moon dimension would have to be part of the same map. For such an unusual request you may need to reward someone handsomely if you want it to be any better than other dm maps, many of which are atrocious.

navystrike

Dec 31, 2013
Oh well the gravity thing will be set on the server itself, and I do currently have it on my current map. We can forget about the moon dimension now, I just need the space part. and objects won't be moving around. they'll just be sitting there. as to bouncing off, it requires you to be soldier. That's not the problem. All I need is someone who will make the map based on our design, and the (handsome) reward will be paid. The rest of the things, we'll handle it.

navystrike

Dec 31, 2013
Need a mapmaker for a space map

Hi there people. I have already posted this once, but for some reason I lost access to my old thread. So here's a new one about it. Basically I will need someone to create this map, which is partially done. People will spawn on the sides of the map in a sattelite, and there will be asteroids around. The server will be set to no gravity, so players shall bounce off asteroids to navigate around the map. Right in the centre will be a large space shuttle, with secret rooms and stuff in there. More details will be explained if you contact me. My steam is navystrike, or you can pm me if you need. (Steam display name "Ashley"). Thank you in advance

Here is your old thread, don't spam other sections of the forums with the same request again - theharribokid

Last edited by a moderator:

navystrike

Dec 31, 2013
Anyone up for this? the map is partially done. The remaining part is a large space shuttle with channels and rooms and the rest will probably be decorations.