This gun is a very crappy weapon.
Pros: Slows enemies. THAT'S ALL.
Cons: -25% damage penalty
-30% slower spin up time
Man, too bad it's a shitty weapon, cuz' i love the sound of this weapon. :(

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
It works by pinning an enemy in a vulnerable area long enough to kill them. It's better than the minigun in more open maps/map areas if used properly.

Mainly it's an anti-scout weapon.

Last edited:

Silver815

L1: Registered
Aug 12, 2012
Ok, it's a weapon that slows people down, like the Scouts, but why damage penalty, and slower spinning? That's what ruined this weapon. The Cons.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
A direct upgrade is useless for designers. Because the weapon has pros and cons, players have to make a choice on what weapon to use based on the map, their own playstyle, and in some cases, even the enemies' playstyle. Direct upgrades cause what is known as Feature Creep, whereas features build on top of each other until they become so ridiculously imbalanced that the game kinda stinks.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Natasha was really annoying when it had the same spin up and slowed the same amount at all ranges. It wasn't fun to play against, like the first version of the Sandman.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Ok, it's a weapon that slows people down, like the Scouts, but why damage penalty, and slower spinning? That's what ruined this weapon. The Cons.
The damage is prolonged because the target is slowed down.

The slower spinup time just makes it less powerful and more balanced.

thaumiel

L1: Registered
May 9, 2012
Natasha was really annoying when it had the same spin up and slowed the same amount at all ranges. It wasn't fun to play against, like the first version of the Sandman.

has the sandman ever been fun to play against?

"oh hey let's introduce a mechanic that takes away player control for 7 seconds, everyone knows humiliation is the best part of the game"

actually don't answer that, lets not turn this into spuf please

my bad :blushing:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I'm talking about when it always stunned you so hard you stood still, even while ubered. What the Sandman does now is nothing compared to that nightmare.