Napping Mini-contest #1

Skylark

Super Gay Developer
aa
Aug 9, 2018
Time commitment: However long you take to nap
Difficulty: 1/5 - 5/5 depending on level of insomnia (medication is allowed)

The mapping contest was meant to start today but was delayed a week, and in its place I am starting a 1 week napping contest.

You have between the posting of this thread and whenever the mapping contest is announced (11th April ish) to have a nap and then below write a few words about how your nap (or sleep) was the most amazing thing to ever happen to anyone.

Things will not be fact checked but obvious lies will result in disqualification.

You may work in groups, which may be beneficial.

Winner will be announced after I've read everything and the prize is a whole key (minus notches, don't worry it's necessary to let it work), but everyone's a winner really because you've had a good sleep.

(This is a serious napping contest, replies below should be submissions or questions only)

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I haven't taken a nap yet, since I want clarification on the rules before I set sail for snoozeville.

Are we allowed to "update" our entries until the contest ends? For example, if we submit a mediocre rest, are we allowed to update our submission with better slumbers up until the deadline?

Skylark

Super Gay Developer
aa
Aug 9, 2018
I haven't taken a nap yet, since I want clarification on the rules before I set sail for snoozeville.

Are we allowed to "update" our entries until the contest ends? For example, if we submit a mediocre rest, are we allowed to update our submission with better slumbers up until the deadline?
Yes you are. Entries will be taken as-is when the mapping contest is announced

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Duration: 6:30pm to 10:00pm local time (EDT)

Napping influence: Didn't get much sleep in the morning so I was pretty tired. Plus I was having some depressive thoughts so I thought taking a nap wouldn't hurt.

Any dreams?: I was checking out the patch notes for an update to the new Animal Crossing game that introduced a hard mode. Instead of just 'Nook Inc.', there was a rival company 'Pelican Co.' that also wants to develop your deserted island. You have to be an island representative for both communities, developing both while also acting as a diplomat between the two companies. If tensions rose too high, members of each company/group would begin to actively destroy the progress of the other. Nintendo released all their concept art for the game alongside the update, and I was going through it. For a long time during development, Nintendo planned to drop the series iconic style in favor of a more suggestive "furry-lite" anime artstyle (all the characters were cute anime girls/boys with animal ears and tails).

Self critique: I feel very refreshed after that nap, but since I took it so late in the evening this is probably going to negatively affect my sleep schedule. A long-term loss for a short-term gain, but one I really needed so it's good. Even as it's fading, it's nice to know that my dream was simple. Most of my dreams are vivid, but packed with so much detail that by the time I get to the end I would've forgotten most of it.

Give this nap a map name: tugowar_newfurizons

----

If anyone wants to borrow my template, go right ahead.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
On the 7th of April I had a nap, between 8:00 and 10:30am (BST). The night before, I hadn't slept well and had woken up quite early (~6am) so thought I might as well get back into bed for a little bit. It was nice hearing the birdsong outside my window and being able to get back to sleep. I don't take naps very often, so I didn't really know what to expect, but waking up from it was lovely and I felt so much better than I had earlier, and I felt like I could actually do things in the day now without feeling drowsy throughout. I'll probably take more naps in the future after this (thanks for having this contest to act as a push to take one)