My Vintage Weapon collection is complete!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 404UserNotFound, Dec 6, 2010.

1. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    (Minus the Vintage Lugermorph. I'm gonna be saving up hats to trade for one)

http://www.tf2items.com/id/404UserNotFound

My backpack is organized, so just incase you open that link and are greeted by an empty backpack page:

Page 1 - Crafting stash/Crate stash (Currently empty)
    Page 2 - Vintage Weapons
    Page 3 - Other Weapons (plus my badges and my PNatI stuff)
    Page 4 - Hats

I finally finished my collection yesterday on my server. I needed the Vintage Scotsman's Skullcutter, Crit-a-Cola, Tribalman's Shiv and Southern Hospitality.

One guy on my server had the Skullcutter, Crit-a-Cola and Tribalman's Shiv, which I promptly traded him 6 Scrap Metal, a normal Crit-a-Cola and Tribalman's Shiv for (I would've thrown in a normal Skullcutter but I didnt have one).

Upon changing my name to "LF Vintage Southern Hospitality", I had another player send me a trade request. He popped up a Vintage SoHo. I threw in my only 2 items that I was willing to trade; Ellis' Cap & a normal SoHo.....he accepted! :D

As you'll see on page 3, I don't have a Mad Milk....or a Frying Pan. I'm working on saving up some metal or something to get both. My next goal(s) are to get the Frying Pan, another Ellis' Cap, Earbuds, The Big Kill, Vintage Lugermorph, and maybe Max's Severed Head.

2. Whated

Whated L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  3. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    I've always wondered...what is that image from? It looks like some lame comic book.

4. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    It's Marvel Universe Hercules.

5. Nitram

Nitram L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry to tell you, but if you traded your ellis cap, and a Southern Hospitality for a V. one you got massively scammed. Most V. weapons are only worth 1 scrap each, but I guess that's to late now anyways.

Also, I've got a complete vintage collection, and I've had it since the mann-co update :p

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  6. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    I've had the vast majority of my collection since before the Mann Co. update made them Vintage. Before the Mann Co. update, I frequented some idle servers to get weapons (never used an idle program, but due to my late "Hire date", I missed out on getting a Halo). I had nearly every weapon in the game at the time.

However, since I didn't play TF2 for awhile since before the Engineer Class update, I didn't have any of the Engineer items. I was also missing:
    - Tribalman's Shiv
    - Scotsman's Skullcutter (I had one in Vintage, but I crafted it into the Headtaker)
    - Dead Ringer (crafted 3 DR's into that PDA Token for fun)
    - Crit-a-Cola (again, had one but traded it before Mann Co. Update)
    - Dalokoh's Bar (traded before update)

Everything else I had before the update. My original offer was 1 Crate & the normal version of a weapon for the Vintage version. I soon changed that to 2 Scrap + the normal version (if I had it). Why? I was feeling generous.

I'm abit jealous too because a friend of mine who is an admin on my server has both a Ghastly Gibus (obtained this year) and a Ghastlier Gibus (gotten through trading). I want both :(

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  7. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry but what on earth is the point in Vintage stuff?
    I know what it is I just don't see why people want it.

8. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    The same principle people want hats. It's a status symbol.

I've got a vintage everything except the wrangler. Not that bothered by it though, it just happened when the mann co thing happened. It's funny to see people being a busy bee about this, though. Trading off their hats and shiz.

9. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Hats at least change how other players see you in game. They are a visible status symbol.

Vintage items show you care about an invisible status symbol for some reason. It's even more ridiculous.

10. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Valve said hats and Vintage items are "valuable," therefore people perceive that they are. :p Propaganda is super-easy in TF2, apparently.

That said, I did still work to complete my Vintage collection a while ago. All I was missing was the Southern Hospitality when the update came around, so it wasn't hard to trade a couple scrappy weapons + a duplicate Polycount one for it.
    I don't have the V. Lugermorph, but seeing as it was a promo item vs. a regular weapon and no different operationally from the pistol I'm not really pursuing it. Plus I've never thought it looked all that great personally.

11. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    I think the Lugermorph looks stupid when you're using it. Way too big.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Nitram

Nitram L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not that I care that much about vintage, but I think it's nice to have all the vintage weapons just for the sake of it, I quite like to collect stuff. It's like a hobby within a game, like collecting stamps:p

13. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    I guess I also think maintaining a full item set is silly, since most people rarely change their loadouts. So when people say they've done that and gotten all vintage items it blows me away.

14. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, but I didn't try to finish off my collection because Valve said Vintage stuff is valuable. I wanted to finish off my collection for the sake of finishing it off.

It's also why I spent alot of time in this idle server when the 2010 Halloween update was released. Everyone took turns grabbing the gifts. I participated until I had 2 full sets of Masks. I crafted 1 set into the Sackston Hale Mask, and kept the other set. Any extras I got, I went and traded to people for 2 Scrap per mask because I needed metal to make the Headtaker. Within 2 days of the update being released I had the Headtaker, a complete mask set, and the Sackston Hale mask.

I would've had an entire set of Vintage weapons if I had kept playing TF2 up until the Mann Co update. Heck, if I had splurged and pre-ordered Sam & Max and L4D2, I'd also have a Vintage Lugermorph, Sam's Severed Head, Ellis' Cap (again) and a Frying Pan.

But I didn't.

15. NINJABreadMan

NINJABreadMan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i have a spare ellis cap but it depends what you have to tradE?

16. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    I have nothing to trade xD

Gotta wait until the drop system resets itself on Wednesday/Thursday (i forget which day exactly) to get more stuff.

17. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    I've had all vintage items since the day the update came out, no biggie.

18. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's Thursday.