My SFM map crashes for reason unknown ?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

The Siphon

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hello, I have been making a map for my next Source Film Maker animation. It has worked very well until now. It crashes the whole TF2 for no reason. I checked for errors and I checked if there was a leak, but no. It should work just fine.

Here are some pictures of the map in Hammer, the recording software toke the screenshots in pretty low resolution.

hammer%202015-03-18%2006-42-39-69_zps26pqwsrs.jpg

hammer%202015-03-18%2006-42-11-62_zpslcwfciva.jpg

Thank you for helping !

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Well first of all, if you made it for Source Filmmaker, why are you trying to open it in TF2?

Secondly, bet you almost anything it's the zillions of trees that are the issue. Probably breaking some sort of limit that nobody even knew existed because nobody's been crazy enough to put that many trees in one map before.

The Siphon

Mar 2, 2015
Well first of all, if you made it for Source Filmmaker, why are you trying to open it in TF2?

Secondly, bet you almost anything it's the zillions of trees that are the issue. Probably breaking some sort of limit that nobody even knew existed because nobody's been crazy enough to put that many trees in one map before.

Well I test the map in TF2 and also I did not find a skybox version of the tress so I had to place a lot of 8 cluster trees.

The Siphon

Mar 2, 2015

Also in SFM it only renders few props, not even train tracks

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Is it compiled with HDR? SFM needs HDR on maps in order to work properly.

Also, there are skybox models for trees on this very website.

And yeah, don't use so many props. SFM doesn't really like too many props being drawn at once.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Do you have nodraw brushes underneath those displacements? Displacements don't actually seal maps.