My payload stops moving

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
My payload stops as soon as I take the first control point.

I used the ABS library, but made a few changes (tried to add some control points). The train watcher didn't like it so I took those CPs out, but now with my original CPs as soon as I hit the first cap the train stops dead.

Anyone run into a problem with the train stopping?

I set the SetOwner output from the sspl_path_cpone3 train path point to a 0.2 second delay (as they said something about that on the HammerWiki), but it hasn't made any difference.

The only thing I can think is it has something to do with the "Fire Once" setting for SetControlPoint and SetOwner. In the ABS library this is set to "yes", but on the HammerWiki (for setting up the payload) they leave this as "no".

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Oct 6, 2008
Yes - I'm having the same problem and one of the CPs isn't showing up on my watcher even though it appears to be coded correctly.

Apr 13, 2009
Kill_the_bug, make sure all your control points have a different index value (the console should throw errors at you on map launch if you don't but you might not notice).

Xfunc_Carter : it could be that you don't update the capture area with the next control point down the line. When you change ownership of the current control point, send a SetControlPoint input to the trigger_capture_area with the targetname of the next cp as parameter.

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks for the response – the whole thing is driving me nuts – I haven’t done this sort of thing in over two years so I’m really rusty.

At first cart worked – but when it got to point one – game ended, then I got it working to point one and game ended point two, then the cart just stopped at point 1 – even though the game continued. Last night I tried the index 01-13 and game crashed on loading.

Let me see if I’m getting you right-simplified version – you might need to read all of this to see what I’m doing in terms of game play:

Cart passes pathtrack 10 – this triggers point 1
Point 1 is using holographic tower – point 1
The holographic tower has two index listings
Group Model Index – not used – all set at zero
Index – point 1 was given index 1, point 2 – index 2, point 3 – index 3, etc.

Now this might be part of the problem – I have 4 rounds and a total of 13 points < I don’t know if there is a threshold for indexes – i.e. can’t go over 9. If 9 is the threshold then I have an issue.

I tried doing the index thing last night and the map crashed on loading – bar went ¾ of the way across and then crashed – the first time it gave me a memory ref # message, the 2nd locked up my entire system forcing me to do a reset.

This is my first time doing the big mini-round style of map so to see if I have it right(overview not actual coding):

Rounds go 3,2,1,0 – path is all connected even though path names change A,B,C,D

Round 1 / trainwatcher – round 1 – cp-points = 3 (labled cp_one A,B,C) linked pathtracks track numbers A10,A20,A30 / after cap A30 cart proceed to starting point B1

Round 2 / trainwatcher – round 2 – cp-points = 3 (labled cp_Two A,B,C) linked pathtracks track numbers B10,B20,B30 / after cap B30 cart proceed to starting point C1

Round 3 / trainwatcher – round 3 / cp-points = 4 (labled cp_Three A,B,C,D) linked pathtracks track numbers C10,C20,C30,C40 / after cap B30 cart proceed to starting point D1

Round 4 / trainwatcher – round 4 / cp-points = 3 (labled cp_Four A,B,C) linked pathtracks track numbers D10,D20,D30, / after cap D30 – round ends – the goldcart drops into the waiting dumptruck. Blue team wins

For the closing animation, On cartdump, truck engine starts, truck train gets activated – to go to point x – thus making the getaway with the gold.

Now – I also have 2 mini games set up inside the payload map – round 2 and round 3.

In round 2 – point two the logic works in this fashion:

Goldcart on Pass pathtrack 20 disable > Enable arrows (to show where the Key is), Enable Key (have built a model -key has same properties as briefcase model). Blue now goes picks up the key – brings it to “Cave Gate 1”
On Cap>Open gate, Cap point 2 (giving more time), Resume payload.

In round 3

Cart Starts disabled – Blue has to get key hidden inside a barrel > barrel destroyed > key enabled > Blue now goes picks up the key – brings it to “Cave Gate 2” > Cart enabled > normal game play resumes

Oct 6, 2008
Ok - forget a lot of what I just posted for the moment - the map is no longer crashing - however even though I basically used the ABS thing as a guide - My payload isn't moving at the start - everything I guess looks ok other than that. :O

Oct 6, 2008
Ok, figured out why it wasn't moving - forgot the team_controlpoint_master.

but now that I add it in map crashes on startup

any ideas? I think I have everything coded right