My map crashes the server

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I currently am working on a single stage payload map, and earlier today put it in an imp. It crashed the server, then upon reloading the map on the server it crashed again. It didn't crash on map launch, but midway through the round, around the 3rd - last area both times.

In hammer there were no real problems in alt+p, and after compile the only error was 'Warning: node with zero volume'. I fixed every error minus 'no player start' and 'Entity [entity] has unused keyvalue 'angles'' including both alt+p and compile errors. I also fixed all errors put in the tf2 console upon loading the map.

I then put it in an imp again, and it crashed a few seconds after 2nd was capped. I am absolutely boggled as to what could be causing this. It is of note that all of these occasions were on the EU server, so that may contribute. However I'm quite sure its the map as no other map in the imp crashed the server and mine did three times.

Attached is the .vmf and compiled .bsp of the map.

Does anyone have any clue of what could be causing this, as as i have said i do not. Would be greatly appreciated if anybody could help.

Attachments

• pl_zahndahmap2016_a3b.bsp
    4.8 MB · Views: 180
  • pl_zahndahmap2016_a3b.vmf
    2.2 MB · Views: 131

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
When I try to compile your vmf, it spits out this error, twice:
Warning: area portal has 512 verts. Could be a vbsp bug.
I've never seen this before, so I thought to try running around with r_drawportals 1 on to investigate whether vbsp really did screw up something. And it looks like it did.

GLReuJV.jpg

mUcmlTa.jpg

Then I decompiled the bsp to check the 2 areaportals out:

Icl1aDb.png
TUEV08O.png

I did notice that these are located near cp2 and cp3 respectively, which is about where you said the crashes have happened. I'm willing to bet player interaction with them is the cause.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
How interesting! For future note, recreating the areaportals appears to have fixed this error. Strangely i didnt get that error in my compile logs - so i really could not have found it without you Killo. Thanks!