My map crashes tf2 on load

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pracy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Pracy

Pracy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My surf map crashes tf2 on load using the settings at 74.91.116.115:27015 (24/7 Combat Surf @ Game.Azelphur.com (Instant Spawn, rtd). It does not crash when i load it using normal tf2 settings which disables surfing.

here is the console output

I am having trouble finding the error which causes this crash on not only my computer by my friend's as well.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    the log looks fine to me. There is currently a bug in tf2 when you load a map for yourself and then change the map via the "map <mapname>" console command, your game crashes. Maybe it was just that?

On an unrelated note: you seem to have a lot of visleafs, maybe look up what func_detail is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Smileytopin

Smileytopin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Exactly what Lampenam said, if you want to test your surf map go to the surf server you wanted to copy the settings of, type in console "map surf_air_arena_v4", and then type in changeleve "Yourmapname". Changing map using the map command crashes tf2 a LOT. Also, go over all of your ramps and func_detail them.

4. puxorb

aa puxorb L69: Emoticon

Positive Ratings:
    good so it isn't just me. It seems to be doing this for portal 2 as well, any time I finish a level and it loads the next one it crashes to desktop.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Welp that's something I would have liked to known four days ago.

I was terrified my SSD was dying. :O

(a verify cache seems to temporarily fix it which is why I thought it was my computer going tits up)

6. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Hm... I think that's something different. Since I had excatly the same bug in L4d2 (got fixed but occured again) and in CSGO. this bug was there for years and the comunity found a way to fix it, two friking years later!! This bug had driven me insane. It was so frustrating restarting the game as soon the server changes the map.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3170854&page=6

check this out, maybe that fixes it for you. I can confirm that it does in CSGO