MvM Missions- How to find popfiles in custom maps

Brixmon

L1: Registered
Aug 5, 2013
I've been wanting to make a bunch of solo missions for a bunch of the custom maps, but the popfiles are apparently somewhere inside of the actual .bsp of the map itself. For example, Ventus, Sludge, and Maelstrom all have this problem.

I need to look at these popfiles so I can find out what spawn locations are available to me, what paths the tanks can take, what mission spawns there are, if Engineers are supported, how to stop the tank from spawning inside the hatch (Ventus) etc. Like, for example, Oilrig (which has its popfiles outside of the .bsp, thank Hale for that) has only spawnbot, spawnbot_boss, spawnbot_mission_spy and spawnbot_mission_sniper. I wouldn't have known that if I couldn't look at the popfiles.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Hey, maker of ventus here.

They are packed inside the BSP because it makes it easier for people to install.

You can open all the custom content packed inside maps by using GFCscape. Point it towards the map file and you can see all the content inside, the popfiles will be in scripts/population, following the normal structure.

Also for ventus I'm pretty sure I used the tank path names as in mvm_example but I could be wrong.

Brixmon

L1: Registered
Aug 5, 2013
Hey, maker of ventus here.

They are packed inside the BSP because it makes it easier for people to install.

You can open all the custom content packed inside maps by using GFCscape. Point it towards the map file and you can see all the content inside, the popfiles will be in scripts/population, following the normal structure.

Also for ventus I'm pretty sure I used the tank path names as in mvm_example but I could be wrong.
Thank you, sir/madam/other. This shall be useful.
And by the way, nice job on Ventus. I really like the theme.