MvM-Map is crashing when tank spawns

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Simulacron, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Simulacron

Simulacron L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm working on a mvm-map lately, but I have a problem. When my tank spawns the game always crashes and gives the error: "Out of memory or address space. texture quality settings may be too high."
    However, I've run Tf2 for probably 3 years now, without any crash due to memory lack.
    I found this thread (https://tf2maps.net/threads/mvm-tank-crashes-server-on-custom-map.21837/), where Freyja lists these possible problems.
    1. Check the path track: I checked the path track completly. There aren't any loops, breaks or multiple connections, but I noticed that deleting the last 10 tracks or so stops the problem.(I have 44 nodes in total) So I went over to:
    2. Check the nav mesh: I checked the hole nav mesh and especially the area where deleting the tracks to the hatch solved the problem. I changed the geometry, rebuild the mesh and also edited it without any success.
    3. Check if the tank is properly set up in the pop file: I used this test popfile before without any problems and didn't change anything in it.
    But if you want to check it, here it is:
    WaveSpawn
    {
    TotalCount 1 // Amount of time to wait before spawning the first bot.
    TotalCurrency 200

FirstSpawnOutput
    {
    Target boss_spawn_relay
    Action Trigger
    }

Tank
    {
    Health 1000
    Speed 50
    Name "boss"
    StartingPathTrackNode "tank_path_a_1" // The path_track node in the level at which the Tank will spawn on the path the tank will follow.

OnKilledOutput
    {
    Target boss_dead_relay
    Action Trigger
    }

OnBombDroppedOutput
    {
    Target boss_deploy_relay
    Action Trigger
    }

}
    }
    4. Check if the starting node is set correctly in the popfile: I checked it, it's the right one. The tank spawns and moves correctly if I delete the last ten nodes leading to the hatch.

Here are some picks of the area, where delting the nodes solved the problem:

The area, that seems to have a problem in the nav mesh in hammer (I already destroyed the displacements, where the tanks move up to simplify the nav mesh):
    Bild 1.png

The area in-game with nav_mesh on:
    Bild 3.png

2. Fillmore

Fillmore L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    do your path_tracks fire any events OnPass that target the tank?

3. Simulacron

Simulacron L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I solved it, I guess...
    I recreated the path_tracks a second time, without any noticebale change to the other ones before and now it works. I have no idea what could have caused the problem. The only difference is that I now only have 41 instead of 44 path_tracks.