Mvm map fucked up spawns

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Tucky_Monster, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Tucky_Monster

Tucky_Monster L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I made this mvm map. but the game thinks the bots go in the red spawn. i set respawn room vis for both blue and red. and also set the team for the spawn points. named them. but still. nothing.
    just bots telefraging me in my spawn

2. Fillmore

Fillmore L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    what does your spawn look like?
    are your bot spawn's spawnpoints touching the ground or are they somehow named the same as the red spawns are?

3. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    In addition to what Fillmore already said, do you have a navigation mesh? Does the navigation mesh cover the robot spawns? Are the robot spawns enabled? Are you correctly referencing the robot spawns in the popfile?

4. Tucky_Monster

Tucky_Monster L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    no. they are not touching and are not named the same

could be. i forgot pops tell the game the spawns

5. Fillmore

Fillmore L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Referring to invalid spawns in the popfile should instead have the bot not spawn at all, unless you used the same name that your RED spawnpoints are named.

But yeah, checking your nav is a good option to take here. Nav not reaching to robot spawn means they will spawn on the nearest location that has Navigation Mesh under it (unless the spawn is too far away from that spot, in which case they don't spawn at all)