MvM custom map problems

MrStickyStick

L1: Registered
Apr 7, 2015
So I recently made an mvm map in 4 hours and when i did nav_generate they spawn in our spawn instead of there's. I set my spawns to red and there spawns to blu. Help?

Megascatterbomb

Jul 9, 2014
Are you using tf_bot_add?
If so, you have to use a popfile that works with your map. Try finding the default popfile for coaltown on mvm.tf and use that as a baseline. Also, make sure your spawns are named correctly. Robots are programmed to spawn at a spawnpoint with a particular name (this is specified in the popfile). Make sure your spawnpoints for blue are named accordingly, or else they either wont spawn at all, or spawn somewhere totally random (in this case, in red spawn).

Hope this helped :)

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
And don't forget to check the navmesh for dumbness after generating it. The bots aren't very good at their best, but with bad nav meshes they are utter rubbish.

MrStickyStick

Apr 7, 2015
I had a spawn in the air and they were spawning there. But I changed my spawn to on the ground and they were spawning in their spawn positions. Why does this happen? It was probably the nav mesh as you said henke37. Is spawnbot the correct name? Thanks everyone for helping with this problem.