Resource icon

MvM Achievement Grinder RC1

Conga Lyne

L2: Junior Member
Sep 2, 2017
MvM Achievement Grinder - A map for AFKing the kill 1,000,000 robots achievement overnight

Hello! This is a map designed to grind tedious MvM achievements, primarily Metal Massacre [kill 1,000,000 robots, yikes!] as well as T-100000000 [Collect 1,000,000 credits, not as bad at least].

There are two buttons on the wall.

The leftmost button is the Money Collector, enable this and you should automatically gain any money the robots dropped, I do not believe this registers you as picking up the money however, so disable it if you're trying to grind T-100000000, or the Bank On It [collect $500 as sniper without touching money packets, aka get headshot kills].

The rightmost button is the Cleaner, enable this and robots will be killed fully every 5 minutes.
This is so you don't go afk overnight, have the robots happen to go into a weird area out of your AFK-firing range and come back in the morning to see you're shooting at thin air.

For achievement progress to work, you must have sv_cheats disabled. Otherwise achievements will not be counted.

Debugging info:
Q: Help! My achievements aren't being tracked!
A: You probably have sv_cheats enabled, either from your current session or a previous session. The best thing you can do is restart TF2 entirely and then load the map to guarantee sv_cheats is turned off.

Q: How am I supposed to shoot at robots for 8 hours while I sleep and work? Put a rock on my mouse??
A: type +attack into the console and hit your sentry with a wrench or aim your character where the robots spawn. You do not need cheats enabled to do this.

Q: Money keeps disappearing before I can collect it! How am I supposed to get Money achievements like this?!
A: Turn the money collector off. It's the button with the $ symbol, just hit it. Green is on, Red is off.

Q: Robots only spawn once every six seconds or so, can't you make it go faster?
A: Nope, seems that's the fastest bots can react to respawn after dying unfortunately, they do spawn in batches of 22 though so you're getting roughly 12,600 kills per hour afk.

I had nearly 6,000 hours in TF2 but only 15% of the 1,000,000 robots slain achievement, when I started making this map, I didn't want to spend another 2 years doing nothing but playing MvM to grind the achievement so made this map instead to fulfill the completionist inside me.

I decided to take the opportunity to make the map nice and decorated as well while I was at it~

Hope you enjoy