KotH Multiplex Revived

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Jeremy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Remember me? Yeah, you do!

KotH_Multiplex, Version a9

Yes, it is me, Sir Raffi, with the old project that is Multiplex. I decided to just make a new thread considering the old one is dead.

Multiplex takes place at a radio tower. Its power, efficiency and security, as well as its current lack of ownership, makes it the perfect radio tower for broadcasting confidential messages to the team's global network. Unfortunately, both RED and BLU have discovered it at the same time, and are now fighting for control under the cover of night.

Notes:
    -

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun over my dead body

Positive Ratings:
    Thats one big hand...

Also: Screenshot 5: Is that a floating log?

4. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun over my dead body

Positive Ratings:
    Thats one big hand...

Also: In Screenshot 5: Is that a floating log? :O

5. Jeremy

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, it's a small walkway. It doesn't have any supports since this is still an alpha.

Also, double post.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. Tyker

Tyker L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    The entire map is too dark, it is hard to see who is blue and who is red. The map is also too big with the middle so open, almost any class is instantly killed around the CP building. I suggest making the entire map a bit smaller and making the middle a lot smaller. This will also make the second floors more useful as they will be closer to the CP.

7. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    If you want my honest opinion I think you should start over. And before you do anything, look at other maps and analyze what makes them good. How is the Point designed in popular koth maps? At what range do players engage in combat? How strong is the vertical element? How long is the walk time from your own spawn to reach the frontline? How do you best prevent spawncamping?

It more or less feels like just a "random" map, where you put brushes and props together and hoped it would work. To fix this map you would have to Frankenstein it so badly (cutting and reducing and rebuilding) that going from scratch is faster and less painful. It also gives you a chance to clean up the messy brushwork and streamline the paths better.

That's what I thought during gameday at least.

8. Jeremy

Positive Ratings:
    Ha. So much for that. Well sod this, I might as well start a new project. I always knew something was wrong with this map.