Muddy maps: Pasty, Itza, 5borge + others

Discussion in 'Orphaned Maps Repository' started by Muddy, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Lost faith in these maps, so here are the VMFs if anyone wants to try and make them good/better, or if they just want to mess around with an existing layout or something. They're all free to use, no permission needed, I only ask that if you adopt one of these maps and turn it into your own, that you credit me for the original.

Also here's a folder containing the instances for all the maps in this list.

ctf_pasty_a6 (adopted by Dasnvi)
    [​IMG]
    Feedback page
    Yukon-themed CTF map with one flag in the middle, which you must take to the enemy team's base. It's currently full of sightlines and it's really easy to spawncamp. This uses RodionJenga's excellent CP/CTF prefab which includes some custom icons I've used in this map.

cp_itza_a5a (adopted by Beef Bucket)

[​IMG]Feedback page
    My attempt at a Mayann map. It's a two-point attack/defend map, like Gorge. Main issues with this one is that everything after Point A, and also BLU's right-hand route from spawn to A, is absolute garbage, so I recommend trashing and redoing all of that.
    (You'll need the Mayann content pack to be able to view this properly. Obviously.)

pl_second_a2 (adopted by DaDema and Moonrat)
    [​IMG]
    Feedback page
    Three-point Payload map. Not much to say about this one except that the cart track from BLU spawn to A seemed to be too hard to attack.

pl_hansen_a1 (instance)
    (adopted by JargonJC)
    [​IMG]
    Four-point Payload map that I can best describe as Upward with Yukon's detailing. The only catch is that it's absolute shite. But hey, maybe you can tweak it to be good! And if you don't recognise this map, it's because I never released it in the first place. I had that little faith in it. (Also includes an instance, which you should place in <your VMF directory>/instances/pl_hansen.)

cp_5borge
    [​IMG]
    Feedback page
    The map, the meme, the legend. This is what I imagined 5gorge would look like if the middle and final points were swapped round, so what was 5gorge's mid point is 5borge's last and vice versa. I also changed the theme to 'snowy evening' to further differentiate the two maps. The biggest issues are that the last point is too hard to push out of, mid is absolutely terrible and needs to be redesigned, and it's overall a tad too wide for a 5cp map.

UPDATE:
    koth_swampcamp_a3
    (adopted by KubeKing)
    [​IMG]
    Old KOTH map I was planning on turning into a silly halloween map. Never got to that point. Contains instances.

pl_dereggub_a4
    [​IMG]
    One of my two entries into the Asymmetric Boogaloo contest. I grew somewhat disillusioned by it by the fact that it was just another desert-themed PL map, plus I've already got another PL map in the works and PL maps are a pain in the arse to work with, plus I completely screwed up the scaling and the points are way too far apart. and I'm lazy. Also contains instances.

cp_muddy_72_a3
    [​IMG]
    My map from the 2016 Summer 72hr Jam. It's not bad but A kinda sucks. Also if you pick this up, I recommend changing the name...

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    5BORGE UP FOR GRABS, I REPEAT, 5BORGE UP FOR GRABS.

I might look into adopting a map, though we all know how that worked out last time...

3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    >losing faith in 5borge

4. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there anything in particular that didn't work about B of Itza? Also I'd like to take a look at it

5. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    Where's Octopus?

6. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    The connector leading to B was pretty boring to fight in (it was mostly just a series of corridors) and B itself was small and rather difficult to defend.

The final point of Second is copied from the last bit of Octopus, which I consider to be the only good part of that map. If you really want, I can send you the VMF for that, but as it stands I don't even care enough for it to orphan it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Berry

aa Berry if you read this you're a nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I just hope you don't lose faith in me and orphan me :eek:

8. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    The funny thing is that Hansen looks like the best map here. You should snap it up and release it.

10. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    I agree on this a lot after looking all the maps in the op post. But i'd change that bit to fit better with the trees. Ground that is.

11. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    It looks good but the layout is pretty poor :~)

12. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    Well I guess you'll have no qualms in me snatching it up for some tests then. I honestly think you're being way too harsh on it, it looks fine in terms of layout. And in my opinion, better than anything but the CTF map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Well, feel free to snatch it right up then.

14. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    I'm gonna check out Second first. Hehehehhheeheh

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaDema

DaDema L-3: Not very succesful map maker

Positive Ratings:
    I am also going to look at pl_second

• Like Like x 1
  16. saph

aa saph crossword blues

Positive Ratings:
    I only got to work on Pasty for a few hours, but I remade middle and have some ideas on how to extend the map. I'm really enjoying working with the theme and keeping a similar style to what you originally had.

*plants flag to claim map*

initial WIP images permalink - December 27, 2016

• Like Like x 2
  17. mazata

mazata L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can take a look at pl_hansen

• Like Like x 1
  18. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Adding a couple more maps to the list:

koth_swampcamp_a3
    [​IMG]
    Old KOTH map I was planning on turning into a silly halloween map. Never got to that point. Contains instances.

pl_dereggub_a4
    [​IMG]
    One of my two entries into the Asymmetric Boogaloo contest. I grew somewhat disillusioned by it by the fact that it was just another desert-themed PL map, plus I've already got another PL map in the works and PL maps are a pain in the arse to work with, plus I completely screwed up the scaling and the points are way too far apart. and I'm lazy. Also contains instances.

cp_muddy_72_a3
    [​IMG]
    My map from the 2016 Summer 72hr Jam. It's not bad but A kinda sucks. Also if you pick this up, I recommend changing the name...

Also here's a folder containing the instances for all the maps in this list.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Twist.vmf

Twist.vmf L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i see screen shots like these and i cant tell if you in low res tf2 or if your hammer looks better then mine.

20. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    The former... my laptop is pretty bad lol.

• Funny Funny x 1