Moving dispenser healing problem

TheDesigner

L1: Registered
Sep 22, 2009
I put a dispenser on a platform that goes up and down.
It works except that the healing stays at the original position (up), so if I go down on the elevator with the dispenser, it won't heal me anymore. It still heals me if I drop from the top ledge so the healing area stays where the dispenser is spawned.
Is there a way to fix that, or to prevent the dispenser from healing altogether? :eek:hmy:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
You need to parent the heal brush to the dispenser.

TheDesigner

Sep 22, 2009
Actually, it's an obj_dispenser; it comes with everything, ammo supply and healing radius just like the ones engies build.

It's just that when you move it, the healing area doesn't stick to the model.
I wonder if we can turn the healing part off... or a way to ensure the healing area follows the dispenser.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
You still need to parent it D :

edit: misread his advice! you should parent the dispenser to the platform

if you want a dispenser.. that doesn't heal (or supply) then try a prop :p

Last edited:

TheDesigner

Sep 22, 2009
The dispenser is parented to the platform. It follows the platform up and down.
But its healing function only works when the platform is on the up position which is where I put the dispenser in hammer. I can see the healing beam go from the dispenser up to me when I'm in the healing zone, even if the dispenser is far down on the lowered platform.

Also the screen of the dispenser does not light up. Do you guys know what to do to "turn it on"? :) I tried changing the skin number but that didn't do it. It looks not active even though it does heal and supply.