1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Moving dispenser healing problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TheDesigner, Oct 22, 2009.

1. TheDesigner

TheDesigner L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I put a dispenser on a platform that goes up and down.
    It works except that the healing stays at the original position (up), so if I go down on the elevator with the dispenser, it won't heal me anymore. It still heals me if I drop from the top ledge so the healing area stays where the dispenser is spawned.
    Is there a way to fix that, or to prevent the dispenser from healing altogether? :eek:hmy:

2. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    You need to parent the heal brush to the dispenser.

3. TheDesigner

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, it's an obj_dispenser; it comes with everything, ammo supply and healing radius just like the ones engies build.

It's just that when you move it, the healing area doesn't stick to the model.
    I wonder if we can turn the healing part off... or a way to ensure the healing area follows the dispenser.

4. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You still need to parent it D :

edit: misread his advice! you should parent the dispenser to the platform

if you want a dispenser.. that doesn't heal (or supply) then try a prop :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. TheDesigner

Positive Ratings:
    The dispenser is parented to the platform. It follows the platform up and down.
    But its healing function only works when the platform is on the up position which is where I put the dispenser in hammer. I can see the healing beam go from the dispenser up to me when I'm in the healing zone, even if the dispenser is far down on the lowered platform.

Also the screen of the dispenser does not light up. Do you guys know what to do to "turn it on"? :) I tried changing the skin number but that didn't do it. It looks not active even though it does heal and supply.