CP Motion

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Muttonhawk, May 24, 2011.

1. Muttonhawk

Muttonhawk L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Motion alpha 2

Greetings everyone!

This is my first serious attempt at a 3CP attack/defend map.

I'm going to be adding a 3D skybox and other cosmetic touches another time because I'm doing this for a research project and I require gameplay feedback from informed ladies and gentlemenn like yourselves sooner rather than later.

Also with feedback please let me know about anything I may have overlooked, any bugs, or anything else you want to say.

If I have time after the project and if the map is well enough received then I'll release new versions later on.

Edit: Oh! And credits to the bulletcrops guys, I used some of their models.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    It looks as if you've built bare-bones buildings and filled in space with props. Also, a train without warning is a no-no, because nobody likes unpredictable deaths.

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Your ambient/env light is really bright. And detailing wise it looks pretty dull, a lot of repetitive textures... can't tell gameplay wise yet. We'll have to test it at some point.

4. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    What is this research project you speak of?

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    It looks a lot better than probably every other first map I've ever seen. You've still got some instances of prop spam and huge ightlines, though, plus a mixed or no theme(?).

6. Muttonhawk

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll fix the sun and the train warning soon enough. As for prettiness and theme, I kind of don't want to invest the time if the map plays badly. I'll release better looking versions if its a half-decent map to play on. Plus I had absent-mindedly not done pakrat so missing stuff'll come in soon as well.

And as for the research project, the bureaucratic explanation is here: http://www.senioryears.sa.edu.au/default.asp?id=36028&navgrp=1087

But pretty much its a horribly generalised project that all year 12s in South Australia have to do over a semester.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  7. Muttonhawk

Positive Ratings:
    Fixed a few things, beta 2 released

8. NinjillaX

NinjillaX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If youre still playing around with major layout revisions and not decided on a theme, I'd change the progress to alpha so people dont judge the visuals as much.

9. Muttonhawk

Positive Ratings:
    done, thanks for the suggestion