More logic questions

Riever

L2: Junior Member
Nov 25, 2011
Dear all,

Although I am still stuck on my previous problems :confused: ( http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19697 ) I wonder if someone can help with the following.

I have two math counters (1 and 2) and each store 0-6.

At a particular point in the game I want 2 capture points (A and B) to be enabled depending on the values in the counters.

If counter 1 and counter 2 are both less than 5 activate Cap Point A
If counter 1 and counter 2 are both equal to or greater than 5 activate Cap Point B

If counter 1 is < 5 and counter 2 is =>5 activate A to be capped by blue and B to be capped by red.

If counter 2 is =>5 and counter 2 is <5 activate A to be capped by red and B to be capped by blue.

It that wasn't complex enough the counters are tested elsewhere by using get_value and so I cannot use this to start above tests as I only want them to run at one point in the map.

I've played around with duplicated counters and logic_cases and just ended up with non-working spaghetti. :(

So could anyone please suggest a way to even start on this.

I live in hope...

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
You will need one additional math_counter, four logic_branch, and three logic_case.

logic_case
names: case_one & case_two
case04: 4
case05: 5

logic_branch
names:
• branch_one_uptofive
• branch_one_downtofour
• branch_two_uptofive
• branch_two_downtofour
intitial value: 0, assuming your two counters start at 0. If not, and you aren't sure how to set them, let me know.

math_counter
name: counter_total

logic_case
name: case_counterstate
case01: 1
case02: 2
case03: 3
case04: 0
(when dealing with numbers like this, I prefer to put zero at the end so the rest match up to the key and output)

Set up the following outputs:

Source Entity|Output|Target Entity|Input|Parameter
counter_one|OutValue|case_one|InValue|
|
counter_two|OutValue|case_two|InValue|
|
case_one|OnCase04|branch_one_uptofive|SetValue|1
case_one|OnCase04|branch_one_downtofour|Test|
case_one|OnCase05|branch_one_uptofive|Test|
case_one|OnCase05|branch_one_downtofour|SetValue|1
|
case_two|OnCase04|branch_two_uptofive|SetValue|1
case_two|OnCase04|branch_two_downtofour|Test|
case_two|OnCase05|branch_two_uptofive|Test|
case_two|OnCase05|branch_two_downtofour|SetValue|1
|
branch_one_uptofive|OnTrue|!self|SetValue|0
branch_one_uptofive|OnTrue|counter_total|Add| 1
|
branch_one_downtofour|OnTrue|!self|SetValue|0
branch_one_downtofour|OnTrue|counter_total|Subtract| 1
|
branch_two_uptofive|OnTrue|!self|SetValue|0
branch_two_uptofive|OnTrue|counter_total|Add| 2
|
branch_two_downtofour|OnTrue|!self|SetValue|0
branch_two_downtofour|OnTrue|counter_total|Subtract| 2
|
counter_total|OutValue|case_counterstate|InValue|

Keeping track of four states (two things with "on/off") is easy enough, but this got more complicated because your on and off is actually 7 different states. When counter one is "on" (5 or more) it counts as a value of 1 in counter_total. When counter two is on, it counts as 2. This provides us with four unique values for the four states you want to use.

The mess of logic_branch stuff was required to ensure the total count only changes when going in the right direction. We want to add when going from 4 to 5, but not when going from 6 to 5. Likewise when going to 4.

Finally, the outputs for case_counterstate:
OnCase01: value of 1, (1+0) counter_one is above four. Use this for A red, B blu.
OnCase02: value of 2, (0+2) counter_two is above four. Use this for A blu, B red.
OnCase03: value of 3, (1+2) both are above four. Use this for B active.
OnCase04: value of 0, (0+0) both are below five. Use this for A active.