Modern Warfare 2 - "Infamy" trailer.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Caliostro, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE"]YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Infamy (Official HD)[/ame]

Well... Fuck... I was all set up to pre-purchase L4D2... This totally throws a "wrench" in my plans...

No shame in admitting, I didn't expect it to look THIS good. With AC2 moved to 2010, this puts my interest for L4D2 into a whole different perspective...

Well... Fuck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    will order when it comes on steam.

3. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
  4. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pre-ordered for PS3. For some reason, I just didn't take too well to CoD on PC, it just didn't feel right.

5. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Playing shooters on console is bad. Why do you have your mouse?

I am pretty sure to buy'n'play Modern Warfare 2, part 1 already was a great (but short) game.

6. Smetzle

Smetzle L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same here. I don't know if it was the controls or something, but the Xbox 360 version of CoD 4 just felt better for me than the PC version. Back on-topic: Trailer looks awesome, I think I'll pre-order the Xbox 360 version at GAME tomorrow :D

7. Wegason

Wegason L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure CoD was born on the PC, and the PC is its home. Still need to finish MW1!

I'm really bad at completing single player games (not bad playing wise, just bad in actually spending time to complete them)

8. Caliostro

Positive Ratings:
    That's possibly the most paradoxical sentence I'll hear the whole week... And it's only Monday.

9. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    I recommend you finish it SO MUCH. My brother (12) finished it in a day. It isn't too long, but leaves you wanting oh so much more...

10. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:

I found the single player on Modern warfare to be one of the best single player experiences I've had.

The multiplayer version however urgh, /pass

11. Caliostro

Positive Ratings:
    This.

Really, finish it. If you're half competent at shooters in general you can finish it in 5 hours or so, but it's a bit like portal: Short, but totally worth every minute.

12. LordNor

LordNor L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    A definite buy, even before this trailer. Annnd if anyone like multiplayer i prerdered/bought a MW2 Server from gameservers.com and ill cater to you guys

13. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno what the big fuss is; this seems pretty average.

:/

14. Omnomnick

Omnomnick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It is pretty average, I just like the fact that DC is in ruins :D

Anyway, L4D2 vs. CoD MW2 = no contest, L4D2 all the way!

15. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    I don't see a reason to buy it because i'm not missing out if i don't get multiplayer

Especially since it's not worth 60 dollars.

What only proves even further that the devs are money-hungry is the fact that they already announced DLC. Why not add it into the game?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  16. Shoomonger

Shoomonger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh my God! That was so great. I'm gonna show this to all my friends and family. Then I'll pout because I can't possibly buy all the Call of Duty games all at once so I can catch up to this one.

17. Shoomonger

Shoomonger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dude that's just sick. This is the history of CoD as told by someone who only played one of the games in the series:

CoD game out on PC in 2002. It excited many people and is considered one of the best shooters of all time. an expansion pack came out the next year. CoD2 then came out with better graphics (still for the PC) about a year of two after that. Around this time activision wanted the console users to get into CoD so they made shortened versions of both games for the PS2, Xbox, and GC. The first wasn't that great and lost the CoD feel that the series had. The second hit the note correctly becoming a hit for console-only users. The next game in the CoD series wasn't made by the regular company (infinaty ward) and was NOT released on the PC! CoD3 was one of the lowest rated in the series and is still widely debated about as to whether it was any good. Infinaty ward came back for the sequel (CoD4:modern warfare) It was made for the PC (along with the consoles *sigh*) and a great hit amonst everyone everywhere. CoD5 was made by the "other" company and went back downhill and had a horrible glitched PC version. Most people didn't like it. Now people are seeing a trailer for a new game in the series and claiming it was made for consoles. (That's just sad)

18. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Its $60USD for the PC. Fuck that, I am ether going to pirate it or wait till the price goes down.