Models,textures, and particle problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NuclearWinter, Sep 6, 2017.

1. NuclearWinter

NuclearWinter L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So, i'm having problems importing the models , textures , and other stuff for the frontline pack and from everything iv watched and seen i need to but them in their respectable game folders. When i do the game still shows error when i load up the test map. Anything i should change or do differently?

2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    do they appear in hammer? And are they really in the right folder? Tell us wherer exactly you put them

3. NuclearWinter

Positive Ratings:
    My directory for the files Local disk D: / libraryD / steamapps /common/ Teamfortress 2/ tf/ materials /(frontline materials and props_frontline) for the particles i have no clue

4. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    I'm still not sure if you did it right.

When you instal the pack correctly, then in tf/materials will be a bunch of new folders (some may existed before to due to other content): bricks, concrete, detail, glass, medieval, metal, models, nature, overlays, props, signs, skybox, tile and wood. Inside tf/materials/models is also a props_frontline folder.
    Now in addition to that, you will also have another props_frontline folder in tf/models (that's a different one than the one in tf/materials/models

Is that the case for you? Also you still didn't answer if the props appear in hammer.

5. NuclearWinter

Positive Ratings:
    You fixed mah problem :) and the props were just errors but now they exist

6. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Neato, now I can shamelessly advertise something I did to get rid of all your hardrive space problems.

7. NuclearWinter

Positive Ratings:
    I have 2 1 tb hard drives and a 250gb nvme 2.0 ssd.. im good

8. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    It would still make your map file smaller, server owners and downloading players aren't always fan of bigger files.