Model Browser not displaying all TF2 models?

352ndEl

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2010
Hello, I'm new to the TF2Maps fourms and have signed up to take part in the artpass contest.

I have run into an error with hammer I haven't encountered before, and thought I would ask about it here (after doing google searches and coming up with nothing).

When I add a prop entity to my level and go to select the model I want to use for it in hammers model browser, it doesn't display all of the models I can use.

Each folder says there are no .mdl files in them. (This includes default HL2 model folders...)

Now, the odd thing is, in the default artpass map, there are TF2 models already in the map, and those display perfectly fine in the editor. But if I click on one of them and go to it's properties to look at or change it's world model, it still says that no .mdl files can be found.

I launch hammer from the SDK with the 2009 engine, and Team Fortress 2 selected, and as far as I know all the configurations are correct.

If someone could point me in a direction to fix this, I would be very grateful!

352ndEl

Jul 24, 2010
Hi, unfortunetly setting the filter to either of the tf options still doesn't work.

Thank you for the link! That resource will help a bunch.

352ndEl

Jul 24, 2010
Highlighting and using the arrow keys doesn't work either. Thanks for the tip though!

EDIT: Hmm, it would seem I can't even add props even to a basic HL2 map... Something is wrong here.

Last edited:

352ndEl

Jul 24, 2010
So, I figured it out, and I'm a dumbass. When I started the model browser up, the word "table" was in the filter field. Thus no models would display while it was using that filter.

Go me. :(

At least I can map again. Thanks for the suggestions though folks!