Mixed Multi-Stage Gamemodes, Possible?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Jamini, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jamini

Jamini L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been thinking about making a map where BLU is attacking a RED base by first rolling a bomb cart up to the front of the base to blow open the door (Payload Style) and then proceeds to stage 2 where they need to capture three points inside of the base (either in order VIA dustbowl or A+B>C like Gravel Pit).

I'm uncertain how the HUD would react to such a map, or if mixing such a game style is even possible. What sort of constraints would there be to such a map? Would the HUD track show up on the CP section and vice versa for the CP display?

2. Ezekel

Ezekel L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    that's entirely possible. the map pl_crane uses a similar mechanism where the 1st point is a CP and the rest are payload.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jamini

Positive Ratings:
    I thought pl_crane had an entity that caused the first CP to act like standing next to the cart? Perhaps I was mistaken, but the rest of the map is definatly stock payload.

I'm talking about an entire stage being a totally different gametype, with the CP HUD and everything. :/

4. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    you can turn a train watcher on and off. Just check if a round after you dont have any of them turned on. the map then shouldnt show a payload hud and become a normal cp one. Just test it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  5. Jamini

Positive Ratings:
    I will need to look into it tonight when I get this map started. I'll need something to occupy my Hammer obsession untill gameday anyway. :)

Worst case, it'll become a two-stage payload map.

6. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Only one HUD will work at a time. Although you can use the kill hierarchy to turn off the previous sections stuff this might work then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I tried something similar to this a while ago and found that the game will not allow you to switch HUDs. If the team_train_watcher is in your map you cannot get the normal control point HUD. Disabling or killing it doesn't seem to work.