Mixed Multi-Stage Gamemodes, Possible?

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
I've been thinking about making a map where BLU is attacking a RED base by first rolling a bomb cart up to the front of the base to blow open the door (Payload Style) and then proceeds to stage 2 where they need to capture three points inside of the base (either in order VIA dustbowl or A+B>C like Gravel Pit).

I'm uncertain how the HUD would react to such a map, or if mixing such a game style is even possible. What sort of constraints would there be to such a map? Would the HUD track show up on the CP section and vice versa for the CP display?

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
that's entirely possible. the map pl_crane uses a similar mechanism where the 1st point is a CP and the rest are payload.

Jamini

Nov 14, 2008
I thought pl_crane had an entity that caused the first CP to act like standing next to the cart? Perhaps I was mistaken, but the rest of the map is definatly stock payload.

I'm talking about an entire stage being a totally different gametype, with the CP HUD and everything. :/

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
you can turn a train watcher on and off. Just check if a round after you dont have any of them turned on. the map then shouldnt show a payload hud and become a normal cp one. Just test it

Last edited:

Jamini

Nov 14, 2008
I will need to look into it tonight when I get this map started. I'll need something to occupy my Hammer obsession untill gameday anyway. :)

Worst case, it'll become a two-stage payload map.

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
Only one HUD will work at a time. Although you can use the kill hierarchy to turn off the previous sections stuff this might work then.