Mix-up Match #4

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
You like Team Fortress, we like Team Fortress, let's play some Team Fortress together! Developers from things such as Minecraft, Skyrim, and Team Fortress, unite with community personalities in a mix up match up battle for charity supporting Child's Play. There's a number of free slots available to be won. If you're interested in joining the match, stop by the TF2 Mixup site and donate! All the specifics are available on the Mixup Match 4 site.

Source: TF2.com

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Or he plays Huntsman and doesn't aim his arrows half the time for the commentators to then make a big deal of the two kills he got that round

Also the Yogscast and Notch, again? Well I hope they learned how to play a class since last time

jk it's still a great event, all in good fun

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The last one was great. I especially loved the part where the commentators actually had to stop and explain the differences between some swords!

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I hope they've found a way to provide the mumble audio this time, because that was easily the best part. Also I see no "pro" tf2 players on the list, which makes me think it's going to be chaos, because the two medics (in the game I played) really directed the players and pace well to provide a engaging fight even with so many people who didn't really understand the meta-game of pushing and uberadvantages.

A fun event nonetheless.

ashkan

L1: Registered
Feb 18, 2012
I hope they've found a way to provide the mumble audio this time, because that was easily the best part. Also I see no "pro" tf2 players on the list, which makes me think it's going to be chaos, because the two medics (in the game I played) really directed the players and pace well to provide a engaging fight even with so many people who didn't really understand the meta-game of pushing and uberadvantages.

A fun event nonetheless.

The two medics will be competitive players, but they were not mentioned in the announcement (for a complicated reason). We'll have Torden and TheSucker again if they can make it.

As for Mumble audio, meeeeh, that's still very hard to figure out :p
I'll give it some more thought.

ashkan

L1: Registered
Feb 18, 2012
Quick update: We played the match the other day, and we've been looking at ways to use the voice comms. It's still very tricky, but we might do a 5-minute outtake reel. Some of it is perhaps too inappropriate to use, but we did get some funny parts IMO.