Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I'm having issues with textures that have cubemaps enabled. I can compile maps as normal and I have no missing textures or errors. I build cubemaps and everything is still fine. I can see the reflections in the surfaces that are meant to reflect.

The problem hits after I repack the map. I'll load up the map again and suddenly any texture that is supposed to have a reflection becomes a completely missing texture. Toggling 'mat_specular' does nothing to fix it. To make it clear, its not showing the glass with the purple and black effect as if it was missing the reflections, it shows completely purple and black as if I had forgotten to pack a custom texture.

Originally it was just the "glass/glasswindow001a" as that was the only reflective texture in use on my map. I've tried to work out if it's just this glass texture or all reflective surfaces by temporarily re-texturing some areas with the icarus/glasschrome001, recompiling, rebuilding cubemaps and then repacking. The same thing happens, the textures become 'missing' even though they are stock textures and there are no error message in the console.

As it's a problem with repacking the map, I've always done it via the 'bsp_repack' command in game, doing:
Code:
bsp_repack maps/<map_name>.bsp maps/<map_name>.bsp

After letting it run I've noticed several red "ZipFile: LZMA compression failed" errors, though I did look to see if the glass textures specifically were there and couldn't see them. In the code below I've copied the errors for 2 blue training models. In game these have missing textures too.
Code:
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.dx80.vtx' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.dx90.vtx' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.mdl' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.phy' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.vvd' in lump pak
ZipFile: LZMA compression failed
Repacking BSP: Created 'materials\models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.vmt' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'materials\models\props_training\target_blu_engineer.vtf' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.dx80.vtx' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.dx90.vtx' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.mdl' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.phy' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.vvd' in lump pak
ZipFile: LZMA compression failed
Repacking BSP: Created 'materials\models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.vmt' in lump pak
Repacking BSP: Created 'materials\models\props_training\target_blu_soldier.vtf' in lump pak

I don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this, or if this is something we'll need to ask Valve to fix?