Missing capture point entities?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pyrophobia, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Pyrophobia

Pyrophobia L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have been creating a new map I call'Outback', it was going to be a single-round KoTH map. For some reason, though, I missing every entity required to make a capture point accept the tf_logic entities.

I have a legal version of TF2. I don't own the Orange Box, so I had to add TF2 to Hammer manually, and everything but objectives are there. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,
    Pyrophobia.

2. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pyrophobia

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, well, you see. I still don't have the capture point entities, I have CTF. Thanks for this, but does it come with a prefab that has capture points? If it does, I don't see it.

4. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Why did you have to add TF2 to Hammer manually? If you own a legit copy of the game, SourceSDK should automatically detect Hammer settings.

Oh, what a surprise, this is my 400th post :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  5. Pyrophobia

Positive Ratings:
    Well, grats!

I don't know why it didn't pick it up. When I added it using the Source SDK main menu, it only gave me the textures and registered it as a Portal Mod. Then I used a guide to add it to Hammer.

:|
    Should I buy the Orange Box for all of the TF2 stuff? I really wanna map!
    Thank you for helping me, btw.
    EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm having troubles with setup doors, but I'd rather focus on the objectives first.

6. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Its enough with just the tf2. I don't have OrangeBox myself, and it works. Maybe you could try pressing ''Refresh SDK content'' in the SourceSDK menu.

7. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    You shouldnt need the OB to map for tf2. Have to tried just copying the entities from the mapping resource pack?

And whats the problem with the doors?

€: ninja'd

8. Pyrophobia

Positive Ratings:
    @Nutomic: Nothing much, I just don't have the entites for keeping the opposite team out of spawn.
    @Engineer: That added the entity team_controlpoint but that's it.

EDIT: LOL. I'm such a noob. I found it in the brush-based entities! I'm sorry for bothering you all, but thanks for the help!

9. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Open up ABS_Gametype_Library.bsp