Missing/broken playerclips

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
A comment during gameday called my attention to an error that Turbine2 is having: For some reason, all of the down-angled playerclips I use to keep players from standing on top of things — the front few Hammer units of the shed roofs, the railings in the intel room — are not working. Players fall right through them. (I couldn't test the ones on top of the loudspeakers because that's higher than I can get without a stickyjumper, but I assume it's the same deal there.)

Is there some sort of limitation to playerclip brushes that I wasn't aware of that would be causing this to happen, or perhaps an error that would selectively cause those particular brushes to be culled during compile?

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
As far as I can tell. Not that it ought to be making a difference since the compile process forces incorrect brushes into compliance rather than removing them.

I've now narrowed it down to just the ones on top of the sheds not working. And from the looks of it, it's not that I'm falling through it but that I'm somehow standing on top of it. The thing with the intel rooms was actually a missing clip brush on the only side I tested.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I've seen problems in the past with clip faces that are not parallel to X or Y, and the player getting caught on something under them that should technically be lined up perfect, due to the player's bounding box being axis-locked. You might try making them a little bigger than needed. (I'm not really sure where/what your brushes are, haven't played it)

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Decided to try extending the clips a few units into the playerclip "walls" they were butting up against; that seemed to do the trick. *shrug*