Mirroring a map?

Memento Mori

L2: Junior Member
Mar 25, 2008
Is there any way to do this? I'm making a simple arena map for practice, and just want both ends to be symetrical (from left to right in the top XY view), however rotating by 180 makes the stuff on RED's side be "south" rather than "north" directly opposite the BLU side, making it not match up. I'd rather not do the same stuff on the other side if this is possible. I'm not sure what box to put 180 in but I've tried all of them to no avail. (using CTRL+M)

thanks in advance

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Hit CTRL + L (Flip Horizontally) then CTRL + I (Flip Vertically).

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
For an alternate method you could also select all, click the selection once in the 2D View to change to rotate mode, click and drag a corner handle until it's totally flipped 180. Does that same thing though.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Rather than manually rotate it the way Hojo suggested, I would use the Ctrl+M translation/rotation/scaling tool, its just safer because its more exact.

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
I'd go with TheDarkerSideofYourShadow's advice for this one. I've had problems with light_spot's keeping proper orientation to the world if they're pointing somewhere other then straight down using the "flip" tools, but never with the rotate tools.

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
Rotate tools do what they say, they rotate the selection, they don't mirror it. While it does pose problems for a few entities that use angles in a weird way (light_spot being the most common instance), you may not have the choice.

You could try a scale transform by -1 on the X (or Y) axis. I doubt it will do anything different from Ctrl-I/L though.