CP Mirage

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by xch3l, Apr 5, 2012.

1. xch3l

xch3l L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    MIRAGE

This map uses original textures.
    Some may seen this map in its previous phases (as 'cptest' or 'new02').
    BTW Second screenshot is animated

NAV File

Sorry if this is not well formed, this is my first submission, third map, but first submission in the end :cool1:.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty much certain this won't work. Please consult this. Good luck with your mapping!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. xch3l

Positive Ratings:
    I read the link you gave, and it seems that the not working details are the water, elevators (useless now that I think about it), the rooms at the top and the small space in the control points, amirite?

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  5. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    There is no cover at all on those points, this will lead to massive spam. As said before, this probably won't work.

6. Tarry H Sruman

Positive Ratings:
    Mostly because its just... a space.

7. xch3l

Positive Ratings:
    I originally made this for myself but wanted to share and I‘m not an excellent mapper, so, what do you suggest?

8. Tarry H Sruman

Positive Ratings:
    Pick a standard gametype you like, and then study the existing maps of that gamemode. Try and aim for a similar scale and number of areas/routes. As I've said to people before, when you design a TF2 map, it needs to consist of well-defined areas connected by well-defined routes. Taking an empty box and then populating it with stuff doesn't work. Read this guide: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=14594

Also, your first several maps will almost certainly be garbage; don't expect to reinvent the wheel your first week on the job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. xch3l

Positive Ratings:
    Well, I looked at my other maps and got a conclusion: the first map is quite large (a CTF map); the second, useless stairs and small space (KOTH); and the fourth (another CP), since it's another test, don't have the need to describe it.
    Should I upload the others?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012