Minotaur

Minotaur B2

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Minotaur - Survive the maze until the exit is revealed! First one out alive wins!

A 1:1 replica of the largest presented layout of the Overlook Hotel maze from The Shining. Random spawn points throughout drop up to 32 players into the depths of the maze, separated from the rest of their team, and hunted by the Horseless Headless Horsemann and his cronies.

Players must endure the maze until the exit is revealed to them, then they must race each other to the exit! First player out wins the round for their team in an immediate victory!

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
That's a wrap! For now, at least. Probably forever. I've accomplished what I wanted to, and I'll do a Workshop release soon too because why not, y'know? That aside, here's the changelog.

- Finished detail pass.
- Fixed layering music files.
- Added a HUD indicator when the exit is revealed.
- Fixed a spawn point not being symmetrical.
- Added better visual indicators for Player, Spell, and Danger spawns.
- Optimization.
- Disabled collision on Exit symbol.
- Improved lighting.
- Added a 3d Skybox.

Let me know what y'all think of the actual fun factor of it all! I hope to do more with this style of gameplay, just not necessarily in TF2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I like the idea! Usually mazes are like the worst game mechanic, but at least all the turns and lengths in this maze are short and it looks atmospheric enough to hold my attention. I didn't play it with other people. Playing on my own was still kinda boring though, maybe finding other people in the maze would be cool.

Maybe having player destruction on this might be cool because team leaders show through walls - you could follow your team leader positions to try to find something. Can use a custom pd hud to hide all the hud icons if you still wanting this to be the game type. IDK if knowing where your leader was would be helpful but it might add a neat dynamic to the game.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Updated for portfolio's sake!

- Snowy hedges, thicker fog, and a skybox that players can't orientate themselves with clears up the issues of the previous version where players could just follow skybox elements to safety.
- Arena mode! Players now get one shot to make it out alive, or die trying. Quick and easy!
- Removed the music. Wasn't feelin' it.
- Visual polish. Again, for portfolio's sake.

Giddyup!

Read the rest of this update entry...