CTF Minecraft Garden

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Rizz, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    First thing I notice are your sightlines. You have sightlines running across the entire map, meaning sniper wars 24/7.

Second thing I notice is that areas not in direct sunlight are quite dark. The torches pulsing is a nice effect, but probably isn't best suited for TF2.

3. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Their are a lot of ways to avoid sightlines on this map. The caves are a major advantage, as are teleporters once they're up. I purposely added a lot of sentry nest locations to counter such disadvantages towards other classes.

In the end, only live gameplay will tell weather the sightlines are to much or not.

4. Miauw62

Miauw62 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I think those lots of sentry nests will be a problem too. I'm not a mapper at all, but i dont see why you compensate a spammed class with another spammed class.
    From my expirience, pyros and scouts are pretty useless when there are lots of sentry's around.

5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    A download would be really nice, as would an overview image so i can see how the overall layout looks

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    That's a lot of open space, basic and repetitive geometry. I know it's Minecraft but even in minecraft there is some fairly interesting geometry and structures.

The map needs to look less like a bunch of squares. Make some minecraft hills... use more unique designs for the buildings other than some squares.

...And add more cover than just some trees.