PL Mine Descent [working title] a2

Made by TNTantoine

1. TNTantoine

TNTantoine L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi everyone !

Here is my first real project for TF2, a 3 stages Payload map with the mine theme.

This is a very early gameplay alpha of the map, (the gameplay related entities aren't tweaked at all), I only started it a few days ago and it needs some major improvement. I'll keep the thread updated about the changes.

But here, have a look, enjoy and don't hesitate to comment the thingy !

We now have a new Graphic Designer ! Please say hello to Esoker ! :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    Have it tested before you worry about the art pass, it's much easier to change things before you have dozens of props and complex lighting.

3. TNTantoine

Positive Ratings:
    I wish I could but I can't find a server to test it online ! :(

I tried to make my own one over a dedicated server hosted on my computer but... well... I suck at configuring my router. :v

A friend of mine had one some months ago, i'll ask him the favor.

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR 水素臭い

Positive Ratings:
    You can put the map up for testing here.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TNTantoine

Positive Ratings:
    thanks ! Now I have to make a proper version for testing. :)

EDIT : thanks for the tips too Tarry, there's a loong way before the playable alpha x)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
  7. Esoker

Esoker L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i love the structure!! is very nice!

PS : i send you a PM!

8. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Je suis l'amour! C'est bien! Pour image un, cinq et six et la route une petite issue.

Will type the rest in english because I haven't really type out any French in a long time and I don't know the words mais c'est la vie a la moment!

Ok - look at the tracks by the ramps those shots

Ramp with the track that goes down with the branch that sticks out over to the edge Make the ramp a little bigger - in one image the size of the track is over the edge and you should make the branch tracj a little longer - so it looks like you coould park another payload cart on it without it falling off.

The track by the big ramp - use the smaller 90 degree turn and pull the track back from the edge of the ramp - in real life no one would build a track that close to an edge unless absolutely forced to.

Lastly - love the position of the truck but how did it get there? Are you going to use an overlay for track marks?

9. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Franchement, j'ai rien compris. :>

Looks promising, keep it up :p

And why aren't you entering in the current payload contest ?

10. TNTantoine

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback guys ! Working hard on it (school is soo relaxed this week) !

@Kill_the_Bug : Hey you speak french quite well ! :D
    For the ramp, just fixed it, here's a shot with a little bonus ;D

[​IMG]

For the tracks on the ramp, i already use the smaller 90 turn... And by pulling the track back from the edge do you mean this ?

[​IMG]

As for the truck, it was just a prop I placed randomly to "animate" the map. :p

@RaVaGe : Not ready for a contest yet ! I'm not experienced enough to make proper dynamic gameplay elements, even this elevator on PL_mine screws up ! :O

11. Esoker

Esoker L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone I am esoker and graphic designer who will take care of this map :)

Today I threw a small sketch for the setting of this map (it's very disgusting haha) I decided to create a payload within a building. a hi tech building formed by metal and concrete. it have very high walls giving the feeling of being small. this is the little sketch :

HERE!

hoped that the idea you like and who you keep informed for future updates: D

12. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    c'est parfait!

add in one more model - you can find it in trainyard items - look for the end of tack thing and put it onto the ground also - then you have completed the look - the bent tracks the barricade on the ground and the broken bomb :)

13. TNTantoine

Positive Ratings:
    New screens soon ! Esoker is working very hard on it ! :D

(Also, i'm making the level design the map's second part !)