Metropolis

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
More info to come.

Edit:
err no, to the first 5 comments that where posted within the first minute :facepalm:

Edit2:

He said he's making this as a fun map, like those aim maps you see on some servers, it's not for serious gameplay

at least for now
what is up with all the hate?
just let him slap some quotes onto the screens, they are rather of comedic value than sincere "omfg, this pwns other maps"
For people saying its not fair for all classes, then you can play on the other 10,000 maps for tf2 that are well class balanced. This map looks more for fun for some classes, but thats ok because its a really unique map. And I'll play it.
I suggest we be quiet about our misgivings until we've actually played it.

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Seems like demo jump heaven.

Edit: WHERE IS THE CP?!

Feb 14, 2008
Demoman says "Hi"

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
"Well the difference being: one is a job, the other is mental sickness"

I'm sad to say the sniper has a job. You, sir, have mental sickness.

Everyone is thinking it, I'm just saying it.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Generic "Demoman is OP" comment.

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
FYI someone is or was making a level named metropolis already. I don't know if it was ever released.

[ame="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9314932&postcount=556"]Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - Show off your levels :D[/ame]

Cylence

L1: Registered
Sep 5, 2009
Looks like an interesting concept. But, it seems like the vertical freedom of the players is excessive (to put it lightly). Especially if your last screenshot was an example of areas accessible by all classes. Also, your map is not only huge (doubly so for a koth map), it is very open. It would be very difficult to optimize in this state and I can foresee teams full of snipers, demos, and scouts.

I don't know where you are going with this, but I would recommend making the map smaller and confining vertical combat to a band a few stories high stretching across the city. You could then use a 3D skybox to visually extend your map up and, if so inclined, down to the street level. You could then optimize more efficiently by sectioning off your map by obscuring other parts with a line of buildings taller than the band of combat and then routing combatants through and around these buildings. This also would give you greater freedom in designing the visual appearance of your map because you wouldn't worry about keeping each side symmetrical.

Really ... right now, your map's structure appears to be more suited for GMod than TF2. :huh:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Come on, Fearlezz, we all like to appreciate our own maps, but when you slap quotes on it like it's an award-winning film, that's treating it as more than it is and makes it look like it's trying to be better then all the other maps out there.

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
He said he's making this as a fun map, like those aim maps you see on some servers, it's not for serious gameplay

at least for now

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
this looks like a nightmare for people with low end computers, pyros, heavies and engies.

How do you propose to accomodate them on such an open map?

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
I think it looks pretty cool. Nice idea just fro the lols, it does seem like a pecie of art.

Idea, lifts and jumpads :p

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
I think it looks really cool. Keep up the creative work Fearlezz!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Good! The demoman is one step closer to no longer being underpowered.

dr_digital2

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009
For people saying its not fair for all classes, then you can play on the other 10,000 maps for tf2 that are well class balanced. This map looks more for fun for some classes, but thats ok because its a really unique map. And I'll play it.