Hey there Guest,
The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.
A control point map by ScorpioUprising
New map! Or old map, made new. Gonna try and get some gameday tests. Keep on the lookout.
A lot of your walls/buildings are HUGE. This means there's a lack of ambient light hitting your outside areas, and also gives a sense of cluastraphobia.
I wouldn't really go above 1024 units high unless you really have to, or if it doesn't block sunlight.
Love the idea.
The map is actually going to be using the pipeline env settings, so the massive height is mostly to keep things in mind for the night time props and self lighting that I'm going to be doing. Lots of orange wall lights and street lamps, etc.
Looking great, Scorpio! Loved playing resonance so this is gonna be something to look forward to.
Never played resonance, but still looking forward to trying this.
A2 is out.
Changes from A1:
* Removed the ramp into second. Put some boxes to allow a scout to hop up.
* Changed the side building at 2. Now has rather larger stair room and more floor at the second level.
* Adjusted the ramp up to the second builiding. Now has more of a winding path and connects with the box area where you jump to window.
* Moved the ammo at middle to the point. Made them two smalls.
* Added some cover to last. Defenders get two small walls near the point and near the spawn.
* Lights throughout the map adjusted to make it easier to see.
Workin on detailing. Some screenshots of the new middle:
I like the look of it...but all the building appear to be the same height.
Yah, the buildings are a bit blocky right now. I'm really just trying to get the basic layout down, then I'll come backin and add some other structures up top to give the middle a bit more dynamic structuring.
Bump! Back from the dead, fully detailed. Ready for some playtesting.
Wow, Welcome back!
I'm not really sure about the lily pads in the first screenshot, they look very out of place to me.
oh wow, its scorpio lol. sup mang.
Not sure about it myself. The whole water in the last point was a bit of a last minute addition. Might take it out.
Bump for gameday feedback.
Going to be adjusting some of the sight lines at mid a bit, and adjusting some of the jumps and crouches. Any feedback on health/ammo placement?
B7 is out.
- Significant changes to last. Moved the point closer to the metal wall. Added a closing door, to cut down on lines of sight. Added an additional entrance to last. Changed the layout of the far entrance to last. Removed the bridge, making for a bit of a moat around the point.
- Moved the medium health pack at second. Added another medium below the point as well.
- Added a health pack for rollouts in the hallway between first and second.
- Removed some pipes at middle, added stairs.
- Put a hut entrance for middle buildings, to block sniper line of sight.
- Added playerclipping to roof sections for rocket jumps to middle.
I was a big fan of resonance back in the day.
Glad to see the map is still alive.
B8 is out. Lots of changes based of gameday aesthetic feedback. Also made some changes to last, expanding a it a bit.
- Increased the size of the last area. Was too small before, a scout could double jump right onto the point.
- Changed the position of the first forward spawns door, and turned it into a prop door so that it wouldn't slide through the windows.
- Moved the medium healthpacks at middle down to the floor of the building, and made the medium ammo a small.
- Moved a small ammo from the hut connector to the garage connector.
- Removed spytech props from the far side path to last, and added a small ammo pack.
- Removed clipping from the ceiling at the hallway near second. Also removed some vents and other stuff, making for smoother rjs on rollout.
- Lots of visual changes throughout the map.
B9 is out. Caved to pressure and ended up going with mirrored symmetry. The change was primarily at middle, where things are going to playout a bit differently i think, but it required quite a bit of tinkering around behind the scenes to get everything working right.
Separate names with a comma.