Metalwood

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
b3 is out. Just in time for the contest. Woo.

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
Contest bump. I don't want this map to go unplayed just because I'm not very well-known here.

Wherewolf

L1: Registered
May 13, 2010
I tried to play this today, but RED didn't have an intel briefcase. Don't know if that's a map error or what..

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
Yes, it's an unfortunate map error involving the flag lockout that occurs when the flag is returned via drops. It was discovered to late in the competition to upload a fix to it. Believe me, I have the fixed version here, ready to compile.

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
Well, just an FYI, but there is a now fixed version of the map up that gets rid of the flag problem. I had spoken with Immortal-D about getting it in, but I don't know if it has been allowed or not. As this change is not technically official, the dl link on the front page will remain unchanged. As far as I know, version _b3 is still the one in the contest.

Version _b3a.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The areaportals decently cull that which should not be rendered, but would work far better if the merging is fixed.
[05] [06] Areaportal merging. They need to be on separate planes.
[07] Faces players will never see should be nodraw.

The buildings are pretty bland and in dire need of a makeover. They are just large blocks of a single texture, which doesn't make for anything very interesting. You obviously know about the HDR cubemap issue, but it's still there in b3a.

[00] The glows on the lights are too small. The wires stick out badly, I'd suggest not using them on those kinds of lights. The shadowing on the wall is bad, the lights should either be moved farther away or the lightmap size lowered.
[01] Why so many signs?
[02] The wood textures on the beams are not aligned. None of the framework is playerclipped either and you can get caught everywhere (windows too).
[03] The bridge is nice, but again the wood isn't aligned, and that one joint in the arch is really ugly. Being all one texture is boring as well.

[04] You can't jump up here, but can on the blue side.